Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking to buy Tesla branded plate covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Noshi

Nov 11, 2022
Perth
Hey all! Is there a place/is anyone interested in selling to me their Tesla branded Altrex style plate covers? I’m taking delivery of a M3P in a few weeks and it’s funny that even at that price they no longer ship the cars with plate covers, just plastic frames.

Will be happy to pick up in WA and pay $100 for a set that’s new or $50 for a used set that’s is good condition.

If you’re in any other state, happy to pay for shipping also.

Attachments

• AC0F78FD-241C-4A42-8477-3982B6634D67.jpeg
    AC0F78FD-241C-4A42-8477-3982B6634D67.jpeg
    217.5 KB · Views: 148
Hey all! Is there a place/is anyone interested in selling to me their Tesla branded Altrex style plate covers? I’m taking delivery of a M3P in a few weeks and it’s funny that even at that price they no longer ship the cars with plate covers, just plastic frames.

Will be happy to pick up in WA and pay $100 for a set that’s new or $50 for a used set that’s is good condition.

I only wish plate covers would be made illegal, totally pointless device that can make plates harder to read and create un-needed plastic landfil. Even those stupid dealer trims should be outlawed.

Reactions: gargoil13 and bcarp
I only wish plate covers would be made illegal, totally pointless device that can make plates harder to read and create un-needed plastic landfil. Even those stupid dealer trims should be outlawed.

If you dislike them that much, you can remove them and put the plastic into your plastic recycling bin so that it doesn’t end up as landfill.

Come on, we all know that plastic doesn’t actually get recycled.

It’s unlawful to make misleading and deceptive claims under Australia‘s competition laws. If someone is claiming they recycle plastic and you have evidence that they don’t, then you better provide the details to the ACCC so they can be prosecuted.

Reactions: gargoil13
The little symbols moulded into plastic products is often confused with its ability to be recycled. This mark is actually called the Resin Identification Number (RIN) and has been around since 1988 and is largely voluntary. It does not guarantee that if you put it in a recycling bin it will be recycled or even that there is a recycling system for that item.
Many argue that the RIN misleads the public into thinking that an item is recyclable or will be recycled when in fact that’s currently not the case.
In addition the tiny margins in the recycling business often makes them subject to failure as demonstrated by the recent collapse of RedCycle due to a fire at an individual business.
By all means seperate all your plastics so they can be recycled but don’t kid yourself that they will be recycled in all cases.
Avoidance of using plastic in the first place is generally the best option when possible.

Coles, Woolworths recycling scheme collapses after secret stockpiles revealed

More fraud on the plastic side of life.

Single use plastics are so overused its not funny. One of my favourite jokes of all time is the plastic "prong protrector" that comes on a new appliance plug. Seriously, do we really need to protect our prongs from somekind of venereal desease! Plastic number plate surrounds seem like the same idea.

Reactions: meloccom

I don’t appreciate your cynicism on this and calling this “fraud” is itself an utterly dishonest representation of what‘s happened here.

REDcycle warehoused the soft plastics collected and they will be recycled when the recycling capacity returns next year. Did they send the collected bags to landfill? No, they did not. If they did, then you could be cynical. But they didn’t, and they should be applauded for doing the right and ethical thing when some companies would not have. The media are just as bad calling this a “secret stockpile” rather than thanking REDcycle for not just dumping it.

The world needs less cynicism on efforts to make our impact on this planet less unsustainable. Things might not be perfect, but they aren’t going to be made better by dishing out lazy and cheap pot-shots.

I have nothing further to add - this has gone way off-topic.

Hi mate I have a set brand new I’m in Perth . Do you still want?