TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Looking to charge in Seattle

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by 132, May 24, 2013.

1. 132

132 Member

I am hoping to drive up from PDX on June 9 for the Mariners game with my son. Unfortunately it's both a day trip and a Sunday. I just called the service center and they are closed on Sunday. As I'm planning on this being a day trip, are there any 50 amp or higher places to charge?

2. Puyallup Bill

Puyallup Bill Member

#2 Puyallup Bill, May 24, 2013
    Last edited: May 24, 2013
    If you have or can borrow a Roadster to Model S adapter, there is a HPC in Centralia. The Bellevue WA store is open on Sunday 11 to 7, and they have a HPWC and a Roadster HPC, but I believe someone lifted the HPC adapter. I didn't check, but I think all stores have a 14-50 - better than J1772.

http://www.teslamotors.com/bellevue

3. 132

132 Member

Been to Bellevue, but I'm hoping for a place in or near downtown Seattle so I can charge while I'm watching the game. Capital hill could work too

4. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

#4 ChadS, May 24, 2013
    Last edited: May 24, 2013
    Safeco Field (where the Mariners play) has Blink chargers. But I assume you won't be there long enough to get enough charge for the return trip, and that's why you want a faster charger.

Unfortunately, the only faster-than-30A public EVSEs in the Seattle area are the ones at the Tesla stores. And Plugshare doesn't show any nearby private HPWCs either. So the only other option would be to find a campground with 50A service, but that doesn't seem likely in the city (there is a KOA in Kent that has 50A service). Maybe you can find an appliance store, or police/fire department that has a 14-50. Recargo (on mobile devices) lets you search for 14-50's, but it doesn't show any in Seattle.

If you charge at Safeco Field at 30A, you won't get full but maybe you could then stop at Burgerville on the way to/from and you wouldn't have to be there long?

If only there were some Superchargers. Or if there was a CHAdeMO adapter available...

I'd offer my 14-50 in Redmond and a ride to a bus that goes straight to Safeco Field, but I will be out of town that day.

5. Francis Lau

Francis Lau P-1456

I am in Bellevue and about 5 min drive to park and ride on i90 that has direct bus to Safeco. If you like, you can charge at my home's 14-50 and I can give you a ride from my home to the park and ride.

6. Bperry

Bperry Member

I own an S (fueled by solar panels!) and you can borrow my 14-50. I'm in Wallingford near gasworks. I'm on plug share or you can PM me if you'd like details.

7. SCW-Greg

SCW-Greg Active Member