Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking to compare prices for full windshield tint on west coast

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking to do a full windshield tint using Spectra Photosync 75 or similar, and the only place that I have found that offers this in the Portland, Oregon area charges an absurd $1600. I'd be interested to know what others have paid on the West Coast, even as far as southern California, because I'm not opposed to making a road trip out of it if it means getting it done for sub-$800 or so.

I know this is an old post, but I have 503 Motoring in Beaverton doing mine and it's quite a bit cheaper than $1600 for my Model S. It's about half actually, so whoever you found in Portland seems to be over charging.

upload_2019-3-21_14-54-52.png

Accutint in Bellevue, WA

I'm not super sold on the photosync film. I would want the heat rejection no matter if the sun was out or not IMO. If it's cloudy you're still exposed to UV rays and I still want that protection. Xpel has Their XR-Plus film that blocks 98% of IR heat and it works amazing. I had Elite Window tinting in milwaukie install it. Their site is Elitewindowtint.net and they do amazing work.

I've had photosync done on all of my Teslas and love it. Going back as far as 2013 for my first MS and to my 2019 M3, those summer months are much more comfortable with it. For reference, I have Huper and 3M Crystalline on my other cars.