Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking to rent a Raven Model S Performance in LA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Forgive me if this is unwelcome here, but I read the forum rules and don't see how this violates any of them. I'm with Car and Driver magazine and am looking to rent a Raven Model S Performance (or Raven Model S P100D) in the Los Angeles area in late January for roughly a week. I'd need the car for about five days, and would put no more than 1000 miles on the vehicle. We'll pay the owner fair market rate for this rental. If you're interested, please message me so we can discuss the details in private.

Thanks,
Eric

• Helpful
Reactions: PhaseWhite
Just a friendly warning to anyone who might be interested in taking advantage of this offer. We have a friend who rented his brand new Model 3 to "the press" for a few days and they "beat it to hell" and burnt through the virtually new tires.

Anyone who is tempted should get a clear description of what kind of testing will be involved, document the condition of the car before and after renting it out and come to an agreement in writing on how any potential damages will be covered before renting it out.

We're happy to have the owner document the condition of the car before and after our use. We can also take out a commercial insurance policy on the car and don't expect the tire wear to be significant. Our rental payment would more than cover any tire wear we're responsible for.

I suppose C/D should just order one, test it then sell it. Maybe do a deal with someone who has one ordered already, or with someone who is about to buy or lease one, in exchange for some after-the-test cash and an official letter from C/D that this vehicle was featured in a published test (might have some value at sale time down the road).