TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Looking to rent Model S from Oslo, return in Bergen

Discussion in 'Norway' started by mrmackie305, Jun 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. mrmackie305

mrmackie305 Member

I'm taking a vacation to Norway in July and am flying into Oslo and out of Bergen. I was all set to rent a Model S from Sixt but suddenly they contacted me and said I must rent and return the car in Oslo. They won't allow me to rent one way to Bergen, even though the online reservation allowed it.

Any idea as to where I can rent a Model S from Oslo to Bergen. I'm not having great luck. Much appreciated!

2. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2018.24.1

You might try checking with @Bjorn and see if he has any suggestions for you.

3. fredag

fredag Member

Try to rent through nabobil.no instead. It's an airbnb-like car rental service.

4. zag2me

zag2me Member

Might be worth trying Hertz and Avis, although last time I looked into this is was $400 a day or something outrageous :)

Lei en Tesla Model S - Avis Bilutleie

Prestige Collection

Also the train system was very good last time I was in Norway, I'm not sure if its possible but might be worth looking into a quick rail transfer before your flight home from Oslo to Bergan.

5. fredag

fredag Member

The rates for a Tesla Model S on nabobil.no is usually around 90 to 130 USD per day.

It's definitely a nice train ride...

Oslo to Bergen: Europe's best train journey? - Lonely Planet

And it's only a short 500 NOK plane ride with Norwegian or SAS

Book cheap plane tickets with Norwegian, the low cost airline