Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking to sell my 2016 Model S90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to get a feel for what I can sell it for. Car is in excellent condition and has 59145 miles. I replaced the screen at my expense $2500 because original had yellowing, Has the FSD Computer upgrade, Full Self Driving Option, Sunroof, Unlimited Charging, Etc.

Purchase Details.jpg

Tesla1.jpg

Tesla 2.jpg

Tesla 3.jpg

Tesla 4.jpg

Car had initial issues going back to 2017 due to a bad gear shifter putting out bad info on the lanbus causing lots of issues. Took several visits and engineering to find the issue but its been good since the part was replaced.

The car has nothing wrong and has not needed service for over 2 years. Picking up new Model S LR tomorrow so trying to decide what to do with this one.

I have several dealer offers in the $45k to $47k range but I would like to get above $50k so I am holding out.

Car had initial issues going back to 2017 due to a bad gear shifter putting out bad info on the lanbus causing lots of issues. Took several visits and engineering to find the issue but its been good since the part was replaced.

The car has nothing wrong and has not needed service for over 2 years. Picking up new Model S LR tomorrow so trying to decide what to do with this one.

I have several dealer offers in the $45k to $47k range but I would like to get above $50k so I am holding out.
You should easily get $50K+. With FSD, MCU2, <60K miles. I would say close to $55K maybe

I am going to give it a few days and see if I get any other serious offers. I have never sold a vehicle private party before so I would assume there is a high risk of fraud especially with out of state buyers.

Understandable. I can assure you I'm not a scammer. Willing to provide a copy of drivers license, facetime with you, etc. to prove who I am and that I am a serious buyer. Let me know if you're still interested in selling privately to me in a few days.

Sold many cars to private parties before and if you take enough precautions you should be fine. Buyer is a little more at risk than the seller

1. Don’t ship the car, sign the title or let the buyer pick up the car until you have the funds in hand. Cash or wait until certified check clears
2. Meet at the bank and have them notarize bill of sale etc
3. Ask for identification proof before meeting. LinkedIN profile is usually my go to.
4. Don’t let anyone test drive until you know they are serious.
5. If you have a loan on the car, see if your banks can communicate and sort it out(big banks won’t do it, but some credit unions do this)

Buyer states that he wants it and will contact his bank to initiate a wire payment which can take 24 hours so probably Monday since tomorrow is Saturday. I will let those who were interested know if the transaction does not complete on Monday.