Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking to speak to people whose deliveries are still 'paused' pending software updates.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know 'exactly' what the deal was with the regulator.

The assumption at one point was "new deliveries had to have the fix"
Another view might be "new deliveries can only happen once a fix is available" - which is slightly different
I'm sure there are others.

All we can do is speculate, and to add to that speculation, the regulator is probably still procedurally in a world where cars went back to dealers for updates and so maybe, wild speculation on my part, there is a 3 month window to have cars fixed once the fix has been approved for use, and BAU can otherwise resume. Tesla had the fix, regulator said 'great... carry on and confirm by Sept that the cars are all done" and away we go.

Reactions: Lee Davis
Yes thanks for the snobby comment but it was German regulators who found Tesla to be in violation to UNECE Reg 79 and if you may have noticed, Germany is still in the EU where EU law applies and Tesla broke EU law.
If a law in Germany was broken there will be a court case and a consequence in Germany to determine guilt. As there isn't no law has been broken. They could also separately have a case under UK law (although we have adopted EU laws they would be enforced by UK courts independently) but as far as anyone can tell that's not happening either.

Tesla and the regulator have reached an agreement which is based on different interpretations of the regulations. Tesla agreed to make a software change voluntarily and the regulator is happy with this. We don't know the details of that agreement, but it's reasonable to assume that some pause of new sales was adopted by Tesla for some reason.

What exactly are you trying to prove?

They are letting people have the cars without the update because they have stopped the update in the UK. They can’t keep hold of the incoming cars indefinitely. Who know when it will be released again. I still want my boot fixed they promised.

Status
Not open for further replies.