Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking to speak to people whose deliveries are still 'paused' pending software updates.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have an active delivery/collection which has been paused by Tesla, please drop a reply below.

If you have EAP/FSD and have recently taken delivery of a car, also interested to hear from you.

it has version 2022.16.1.1

Yes its brand new from the ship. No idea if it has radar or not though although i know this switchover is happening soon/may have already happened

Quite unusual to have such an up-to-date software version on a new delivery ... normally you have to depend on getting an update in the couple of weeks post delivery.

Yep. I think they simply had to have the software released somewhere, but not many European cars are getting it if Teslafi is anything to go by. Yes, I know a few have.

That’s my theory. I don’t think it’s worth putting too much effort into understanding Tesla’s release cycle. I don’t think there any many outside of their software engineering team that know what logic is being applied… if any

Yep. I think they simply had to have the software released somewhere, but not many European cars are getting it if Teslafi is anything to go by. Yes, I know a few have.

That’s my theory. I don’t think it’s worth putting too much effort into understanding Tesla’s release cycle. I don’t think there any many outside of their software engineering team that know what logic is being applied… if any
It's illegal for them to hand over vehicles that still contain the feature that was found to have broken EU law though so this isn't so much an issue with their release cycle, I just don't understand why they're releasing cars without the update which fixes the issue and solves the recall.

It's illegal for them to hand over vehicles that still contain the feature that was found to have broken EU law though so this isn't so much an issue with their release cycle, I just don't understand why they're releasing cars without the update which fixes the issue and solves the recall.
No EU laws apply in the UK anymore, you may have seen some comments about it in the press over the last few years.

As far as I know this issue did not result in a suspension or cancellation of Tesla's certificate of compliance. The issue was down to interpretation of the regulations and Tesla made an agreement with the regulator as to how they would address the raised concerns. I very much doubt any laws were broken as we would see Tesla in court defending themselves if that was the case.

No EU laws apply in the UK anymore, you may have seen some comments about it in the press over the last few years.

As far as I know this issue did not result in a suspension or cancellation of Tesla's certificate of compliance. The issue was down to interpretation of the regulations and Tesla made an agreement with the regulator as to how they would address the raised concerns. I very much doubt any laws were broken as we would see Tesla in court defending themselves if that was the case.
Yes thanks for the snobby comment but it was German regulators who found Tesla to be in violation to UNECE Reg 79 and if you may have noticed, Germany is still in the EU where EU law applies and Tesla broke EU law.

Status
Not open for further replies.