Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking to trade my P85DL 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For a P90DL - but my P85DL has the Performance Plus suspension, being an early car. Wondering if the P90DL will not be as good handling, etc. Tesla is offering $46,500, and my Next Gen seats are very nice. I had the driver's replaced under warranty in the summer of 2017. Tesla offers low I think because they don't ask for pictures or even ask if my car has Ludicrous, which I bought for 5K after buying the car new. Doesn't seem right.

In answer to your question, no, the P90D will not handle as well as yours. I have a P85+ with your same suspension, and did not enjoy the handling of the P100D loaner I received.

You have one of the rarest Teslas in existence! A unicorn. See what you can get for it here. I would buy yours if I could sell mine for a good price :)

Last edited:
I would like to drive a P90DL, then. My car is black with black Next Generation leather seats and has most options, even dual chargers onboard. Heated seats front and rear, but not a heated steering wheel. The dark 21" wheels. Warranty close to ending, which is main reason I thought about selling.

Well, that's hard to say exactly. But given to identical cars, one with the ESA would be much more appealing than one without and could demand a slightly higher price.

Also, if you don't use the ESA for any repairs, Tesla can give you a pro-rated refund if you want to recoup the original investment in the ESA, say if you want to sell the car without the warranty.

• Helpful
Reactions: 2012MS85 and byeLT4
Keep the car. It keeps getting better every day. :)

If you're feeling bored, some other nice upgrades include LTE, premium center console, new wheels, etc.,

Also, some early 90kWh battery packs are having issues with excessive degradation, throttled supercharging, less than peak power output, etc., So you may not be really trading up if you get a P90D.

• Informative
Reactions: 2012MS85
On the page I linked above.

upload_2019-1-11_20-44-18.png