Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking to wrap chrome to black! How much did it cost you?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all! I am curious about how much you paid if you blacked out all of the chrome and/or tinted windows on the Model S! Would love to see some photos as well and who you used! I am based in Santa Monica, but would be interested in other areas pricing/recommendation likewise!

Looking forward to some sweet pics and prices!

If you are interested in seeing a Tesla Model S blackout in person , you are welcome to come into our store located in West Hollywood. We are not too far from Santa Monica. This week we have a Tesla Model S and we are installing full paint protection in a stealth matte over the pearl white. in addition to the paint protection , we are installing full black out and carbon fiber interior parts.

• Disagree
Reactions: RobertF
If you are interested in seeing a Tesla Model S blackout in person , you are welcome to come into our store located in West Hollywood. We are not too far from Santa Monica. This week we have a Tesla Model S and we are installing full paint protection in a stealth matte over the pearl white. in addition to the paint protection , we are installing full black out and carbon fiber interior parts.

Hey A-E! Thank you for the kind offer. I am out of town till next friday but am definitely interested. If you would not mind me asking, what is your estimated cost just to chrome delete? I already have a black color.

Any instagram or online photos?

I want to say mine was $450 but I got clear bra, ceramic coating, chrome wrap and wheels powder coated at the same time.

Attachments

• 48FB7D16-0B21-4927-ACDF-2CF5A2A0B259.jpeg
    48FB7D16-0B21-4927-ACDF-2CF5A2A0B259.jpeg
    454.8 KB · Views: 2,450
Reactions: selfbp
I did my own black-out with Plasti Dip (most of the chrome, including rear TESLA strip, window surrounds and side mirrors) and it worked out well. Maybe not as nice as professional film install, but can't beat the price. After 2 years, I just need to do a little touch up in some spots.
I am a big plastic dip fan don't get me wrong..unfortunately it does not hold up well in the weather conditions when I go snowboard!

The place is Incognito Wraps. Like I said, I think it was something like that. I only dealt with them when I had my mirrors redone. Before that the shop that did the ceramic coating subbed out the wrap and powder coating.
Ah understood. I just have never heard of that low pricing!

See this thread -- many pictures of my recently blacked out car and info about the wrap that was used. I highly recommend wrap rather than plastic dip. The latter costs less but looks it.

Total cost for me was about $600. Finding a skilled wrap tech to do the work is critical -- mine spent four hours on the door handles alone.

Awesome. Yes I agree. I'll be wrapping. I cannot believe how cheap everyone has it. Everywhere I have called says minimum $1,000!