TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Looks like a good deal for a Bay Area buyer...

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by Wshowell, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Wshowell

Wshowell Member

2. REBroker

REBroker Member

Not bad, however, it is a 2012 with 20k miles, seems fair price to me, not necessarily good deal. Unless the seller gets desperate and let's her go for 70k, that would be a somewhat good deal IMHO.

3. Wshowell

Wshowell Member

Hello REbroker, I won't be a buyer of this car but I am curious about your comment on it being a 2012 and that making it less of a deal. Is it because of the features that came later like parking sensors and power mirrors, quality control issues (it is a low VIN)? Can you walk me through your thought process? Some of the owners have stated that the earlier models were better as Tesla was more focused on quality control and the parts were over engineered and built in order to establish a reputation initially. I don't have enough knowledge to know if being a 2012 is a good thing, bad thing or a little of each. Thanks

4. qwk

qwk Model S P2681

The early 85kwh cars have A packs. That is the biggest drawback I can see.

5. 3mp_kwh

3mp_kwh Member

Bushings were changed on the sub-frame and control arms, in 1st half of '13. That one is important, to me. There are posts charting the evolution of what was on the '12s, how they improved, and what features were added (folding mirrors, parking sensors, auto-pilot, homo-erectus).

6. PlanB

PlanB Banned

#6 PlanB, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  7. PlanB

PlanB Banned

8. Wshowell

Wshowell Member

PlanB, that's your car right? I recall a thread where you had sold an S, bought a used S and we're waiting for your P85D so this one you've owned short term is up for sale. Is that correct? Kinda' cool to have a chance to own more than one. Curious about your impressions on quality, performance etc from one VIN to the next.

9. PlanB

PlanB Banned

I love this car, out of all that I have owned it is by far the best. Fast and comfortable.