TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Looks like another year before we get the first Model 3's

Discussion in 'Canada' started by kzod, Jul 29, 2017.

1. kzod

kzod Member

Tesla.com (US site) says International deliveries will start in the second half of 2018. Kind of what I originally expected but with the quick transition to production and the fact that all US cars are Canada ready, I was hoping for better. At least AWD will be available for us right off the bat. Tesla.com (Canada) says nothing new.

• Disagree x 1
  2. kzod

kzod Member

Update: While the Canadian Model 3 page says new reservations (placed today) are expected to ship Middle of next year, Tesla has a delivery estimator on their own page, that shows my RN and date of reservation (in-store pre-reveal) and shows all options will not be available until LATE 2018.

3. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

Hopefully they'll separate the cold weather package from the PUP by that time.

• Like x 2
  4. Lon12

Lon12 Member

Cold weather package should be included in base model for us North of the 49th. We don't all live in sunny Southern Ontario. ;)

• Like x 3
    • Funny x 1
  5. wayner

wayner Active Member

Even those of us in (this year) rainy Southern Ontario will want the cold weather package - I have it on my MS.

• Like x 1
  6. KR1

KR1 Member

I reserved online on the evening of the reveal 3/31/2016. The Tesla estimator also tells me LATE 2018 for all configurations. Has anyone in Canada got an earlier delivery estimate?

7. Dakkor

Dakkor Member

no.

8. Kira

Kira Member

The only one who will be happy about this news is my husband, who will no doubt be relieved we "have more time to save towards the purchase".

[​IMG]

• Like x 2
  9. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

Since when? I thought that Canada had different rules. Like the seat belt release buttons have to be red, you have to have a built-in demobilizer/alarm, etc...

10. kzod

kzod Member

All Models 3's have red seat belt release buttons. They designed it to speed up Canadian Deliveries, but now appear to care more about delivering as many US cars as they can first.

11. Ocelot

Ocelot Member

Our Kia Soul EV lease runs out Feb 2019..so timing might be just about right.
    I am a bit concerned however over price. If our dollar stays high, the base model with taxes is going to be around 50k. . Our soul list was 40k...fully loaded... heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel etc.

In 2 years, the range of the KIA will likely be increased and it will be an interesting comparison at that time. Currently we get about 180km per charge, and as its used for city driving, its more than enough. So when you take range out of the equation, I think the main reason for an upgrade would be AWD and saftey.

With that said, I cannot see myself not getting a Tesla.

12. Dakkor

Dakkor Member

We have a Soul EV and a Model S and we would not buy a 2nd Soul. Kia service is crap in Canada, and you can't compare quality of the 2 cars. We lovely call our Soul EV "The garbage". Even our 2 year old daughter don't want to take the Soul lol.

13. Ocelot

Ocelot Member

Well the cooled seatS are just for the front, so maybe your daughter is not getting the full " garbage experience" .

Of course comparing a car that costs at minimum double and maximum OVER quadruple is not really a fair comparison.

14. Dakkor

Dakkor Member

We have the base model so no cooled seat ;p

15. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

I don't believe this is correct kzod...as MP3Mike pointed out, the demobilizer alarms are different in Canada...I haven't found anything to suggest that the U.S. models were having their demobilizing alarms improved to the Canadian standard...can you cite a source for your position?

16. Blazing Whisper

I'm super disappointed that my estimated delivery is now late 2018. So much for lining up on March 31st.

17. phigment

phigment Member

Indeed. It feels like they may be gearing up to deliver only to the USA until the US Federal incentive expires.

18. doubeld

doubeld Member

I have a feeling you're bang on. Plus logistically, that makes the most sense, but it is a huge slight on all of the really favorable countries like Norway for all of their support and Canada for ease of transport.

• Like x 1
  19. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

IMG_4934.JPG

Greetings from sunny Ottawa!

• Funny x 6
  20. wayner

wayner Active Member

Did you take that picture this morning Doug?

• Funny x 3