Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looks like another year before we get the first Model 3's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla.com (US site) says International deliveries will start in the second half of 2018. Kind of what I originally expected but with the quick transition to production and the fact that all US cars are Canada ready, I was hoping for better. At least AWD will be available for us right off the bat. Tesla.com (Canada) says nothing new.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
Update: While the Canadian Model 3 page says new reservations (placed today) are expected to ship Middle of next year, Tesla has a delivery estimator on their own page, that shows my RN and date of reservation (in-store pre-reveal) and shows all options will not be available until LATE 2018.

Update: While the Canadian Model 3 page says new reservations (placed today) are expected to ship Middle of next year, Tesla has a delivery estimator on their own page, that shows my RN and date of reservation (in-store pre-reveal) and shows all options will not be available until LATE 2018.

I reserved online on the evening of the reveal 3/31/2016. The Tesla estimator also tells me LATE 2018 for all configurations. Has anyone in Canada got an earlier delivery estimate?

The only one who will be happy about this news is my husband, who will no doubt be relieved we "have more time to save towards the purchase".

giphy.gif

Reactions: Jaff and doubeld
Since when? I thought that Canada had different rules. Like the seat belt release buttons have to be red, you have to have a built-in demobilizer/alarm, etc...
All Models 3's have red seat belt release buttons. They designed it to speed up Canadian Deliveries, but now appear to care more about delivering as many US cars as they can first.

Our Kia Soul EV lease runs out Feb 2019..so timing might be just about right.
I am a bit concerned however over price. If our dollar stays high, the base model with taxes is going to be around 50k. . Our soul list was 40k...fully loaded... heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel etc.

In 2 years, the range of the KIA will likely be increased and it will be an interesting comparison at that time. Currently we get about 180km per charge, and as its used for city driving, its more than enough. So when you take range out of the equation, I think the main reason for an upgrade would be AWD and saftey.

With that said, I cannot see myself not getting a Tesla.

Our Kia Soul EV lease runs out Feb 2019..so timing might be just about right.
I am a bit concerned however over price. If our dollar stays high, the base model with taxes is going to be around 50k. . Our soul list was 40k...fully loaded... heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel etc.

In 2 years, the range of the KIA will likely be increased and it will be an interesting comparison at that time. Currently we get about 180km per charge, and as its used for city driving, its more than enough. So when you take range out of the equation, I think the main reason for an upgrade would be AWD and saftey.

With that said, I cannot see myself not getting a Tesla.
We have a Soul EV and a Model S and we would not buy a 2nd Soul. Kia service is crap in Canada, and you can't compare quality of the 2 cars. We lovely call our Soul EV "The garbage". Even our 2 year old daughter don't want to take the Soul lol.

We have a Soul EV and a Model S and we would not buy a 2nd Soul. Kia service is crap in Canada, and you can't compare quality of the 2 cars. We lovely call our Soul EV "The garbage". Even our 2 year old daughter don't want to take the Soul lol.

Well the cooled seatS are just for the front, so maybe your daughter is not getting the full " garbage experience" .

Of course comparing a car that costs at minimum double and maximum OVER quadruple is not really a fair comparison.

All Models 3's have red seat belt release buttons. They designed it to speed up Canadian Deliveries, but now appear to care more about delivering as many US cars as they can first.

I don't believe this is correct kzod...as MP3Mike pointed out, the demobilizer alarms are different in Canada...I haven't found anything to suggest that the U.S. models were having their demobilizing alarms improved to the Canadian standard...can you cite a source for your position?