Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looks like end of quarter showroom and test drive vehicles are getting released

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DZVGVa7VAAEmFv_.jpg:large

• Informative
Reactions: xborg
Four days? That's seems like not a lot of time to get people into the stores, do test drives, arrange financing (if they need it), prepare the cars for delivery, close the deals, and then deliver. Maybe they should have done this a week ago? I wonder how short they are to the quarterly sales target?

Also, nothing new listed online. :(

p.s. Can you please send me that link to "Inventory List". :)

Reactions: P85Dave
Four days? That's seems like not a lot of time to get people into the stores, do test drives, arrange financing (if they need it), prepare the cars for delivery, close the deals, and then deliver. Maybe they should have done this a week ago? I wonder how short they are to the quarterly sales target?

Also, nothing new listed online. :(

p.s. Can you please send me that link to "Inventory List". :)

So we have decided to sell our last ICE and go all electric but what is happening with the Tesla CPO and inventory listings is just ridiculous. Why can't they list what they have so that I don't have to bother my sales advisor at the local Tesla gallery? She's as wonderful as a Service Advisor can be and gets back to us super quickly but I find it embarrassing to have to email her every few days to find out what's available.

Feel like I'm calling a bakery to see what special cakes they have available today. o_O

We will likely want to go the CPO route if we can't find a suitable inventory car. The CPO inventory pricing is just plain nuts and the inventory listings are just as nuts because they come and go and you really need to have someone manually pull up listings and email us like it was 1990 to find a car you like. :eek:

Reactions: David29
No idea if it's a coincidence, but my OA found me a P100D nearly identical to my to-be-delivered-in-June order (differences = cream instead of black, glass instead of sunroof) that was intended to be a showroom car. 50 on the odometer. Taking delivery Friday.

Reactions: suwaneedad
reminder: Tesla builds to customer's order - there are no sales targets.
(yes, demand still seems higher than supply, right? perhaps I'm wrong?)
Now they do need to build display/demo models - and they have used cars as well.

Tesla is a manufacturer that builds and sells cars.

Used cars are a side line. Why would you expect to be sold a used car same as a custom ordered car?
(Tesla store is not "selling inventory")
If you want to buy used, you need to do extra work to find what YOU think is acceptable. How well you work with sales people or owners is your responsibility, right? And you can buy from owners too. Or even car dealers that have taken a Tesla on a trade in - or what about leased cars? talk with your banks/leasing department - sometimes people want out of their lease early. Yeah, can get a little complex.

Why would you wait for Tesla corporate to come up with policies for display/demo/used cars just for you? And if you don't like how Tesla corporate handles display/demo/used fleet - you certainly have many other places to spend your hard earned dollars.

Glap86 seems to have gotten lucky and/or is really good working/talking with his OA.
Surely those who are willing/want to buy used [not custom ordered] have to work at it to get a good deal.
- figure our this end of quarter push? happens every quarter? how about asking the OA?
- want special treatment from your OA? what will you do for them in return?

Decide what you want and go for it.

Last edited:
No idea if it's a coincidence, but my OA found me a P100D nearly identical to my to-be-delivered-in-June order (differences = cream instead of black, glass instead of sunroof) that was intended to be a showroom car. 50 on the odometer. Taking delivery Friday.

That same thing just happened to one of my referrals. Ordered a custom car for June a week ago, got a call with an new Inventory car available now, 50 miles -- with MCU2! The only difference was 19" wheels which he is getting swapped for 21"s, and FSD which he's getting disabled and not paying for. He's picking up his car on Friday! He couldn't be more psyched.

That same thing just happened to one of my referrals. Ordered a custom car for June a week ago, got a call with an new Inventory car available now, 50 miles -- with MCU2! The only difference was 19" wheels which he is getting swapped for 21"s, and FSD which he's getting disabled and not paying for. He's picking up his car on Friday! He couldn't be more psyched.

Yep! Mine has MCU2 and my referral is still getting credit.