Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looks like I'm moving on...

Would you get another Tesla?

• Yes

Votes: 98 69.5%
  • No

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 21 14.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Personally (after having driven Merc, BMW, Audi, VW and Ford over the last 5 years), I don't find the noise at motorway speeds to be in any way unreasonable. The wipers are just fine. The interior trim is just fine (and the seats are wonderful). The Autopilot works mostly OK, and the only thing I see it doing worse consistently is the excessive phantom braking. I too hate the way that certain 'premium' (eurgh) marques nickel and dime every option, charging a premium for the same kit as their 'mainstream' brands.

It’s interesting how people’s perceptions are so different. I find my M3P to be excessively noisy at motorway speeds, the wipers are complete garbage and the seats, while reasonably comfortable, aren’t nearly supportive enough for a car of this performance. The auto headlights are a joke.

I don’t understand why some people are so against options, even if you have to pay for them. Choice is good. I like to configure a car to my own personal requirements. The fact that Tesla offer so few options is not, in my view, a positive thing.

don’t understand why some people are so against options, even if you have to pay for them. Choice is good. I like to configure a car to my own personal requirements. The fact that Tesla offer so few options is not, in my view, a positive thing.

I think people are saying that certain "options" that would be paid in addition for some other cars come as standard. People prefer to have as many features as possible included. It is a common dealership approach to use the offer of "options" as a price negotiating tool and that is what we dislike. This is a separate issue from whether or not certain things are available at all ... e.g. auto adapting matrix headlights...

Reactions: Beady3647
I think people are saying that certain "options" that would be paid in addition for some other cars come as standard. People prefer to have as many features as possible included. It is a common dealership approach to use the offer of "options" as a price negotiating tool and that is what we dislike. This is a separate issue from whether or not certain things are available at all ... e.g. auto adapting matrix headlights...
I find people (not necessarily yourself) develop a blind spot thinking other makes charging for stuff is bad while forgetting to get a parking aid it is at least £3400 on a Tesla and £10 a month to get traffic info displayed and spotify while also making it difficult to use your own tethered phone. Essentially, they all do it.

I find people (not necessarily yourself) develop a blind spot thinking other makes charging for stuff is bad while forgetting to get a parking aid it is at least £3400 on a Tesla and £10 a month to get traffic info displayed and spotify while also making it difficult to use your own tethered phone. Essentially, they all do it.

And I find that people (not necessarily yourself) expect that their opinions are held equally by other people. I have found that the likes of BMW charge extra in 'option' packs for tech and specs that are 'standard'. This way, they get to price their base models 'reasonably', but by the time you spec up to the same level as the competitors, you're paying 20% extra for the same thing.

As I'm sad, I remember the first time I noticed that - in 2006. I was speccing up company cars. IIRC it was a Skoda Octavia versus a BMW 3. I remember being flabbergasted then that it was a £400 extra to get split-folding rear seats and bluetooth on the BMW, while standard on literally every other car.

Agreed, they all do it to some extent ... but count the extra cost options available on most luxury brands ... there's no comparison!

• Disagree
Reactions: DrJFoster
I feel that a regional forum is for regional discussion. What else is it for? It’s not as if their post actually contributed anything to the thread, as you say, it was just obnoxious.
1626090537355.png

• Disagree
I would like the software team to take a break from FSD altogether and address some of the basics. My personal bugbear is the inability to connect 2 phones to the Bluetooth. one for audio and one for calls. 95% of people wont care about this but those with teenagers will understand. Point is every car I have owned since 2012 has had this feature and I am talking about mainstream models , Skoda, Mini etc not Mercedes S class. Gotta walk before you can run
Oh and fricking Way Points. I know the lack of these is more ideological than software but it's pathologically stupid.
I absolutely agree. FSD is not the be all and end all. There are too many basic software driven areas which need improvement; satnav route choices, waypoints, direction conflicts, speed limits, simple charge timers, wipers (though mine are fine!), UK based connectivity, a proper speed limiter, TACC desensitising. The list is endless and yet these are all things that could be done with competent and consistent programming.

Agreed, they all do it to some extent ... but count the extra cost options available on most luxury brands ... there's no comparison!
Correct, there’s no comparison….
Tesla “include in the price” various features ( that most people feel don’t work as they should)
The “luxury” brands offer various features at an added cost (most people feel those features work as they should)

Yeah, no comparison is there?

Come on Tesla, if you include it or offer it, just make sure it works correctly. Something “free” or indeed something offered as an option is utterly useless if it doesn’t work as expected

My 40k SR+ is pretty much on par with my 40k BMWs in the past. sounds like maybe the performance brings more expectation but then I don’t know if you can compare it £-for-£ as the primary difference is the performance which seems to compare to much more expensive cars which you would think would account for something?

Agreed, they all do it to some extent ... but count the extra cost options available on most luxury brands ... there's no comparison
No comparison to what? If they all do it then it can only be to Tesla and Tesla is a take it or leave it model with many features the others have simply not available, or in most countries £7,800 to get parking etc. And when comparing costs dont forget the traditional market offer discounts that Tesla don’t do.

Tesla “include in the price” various features ( that most people feel don’t work as they should)
The “luxury” brands offer various features at an added cost (most people feel those features work as they should)

Come on Tesla, if you include it or offer it, just make sure it works correctly. Something “free” or indeed something offered as an option is utterly useless if it doesn’t work as expected

I think you are misunderstanding my point. It was simply that some of us have little interest in Tesla offering vehicles with myriad costed options. I made no comment about features working or not working satisfactorily in my post. There is the potential for features to work well or not well no matter how they are paid for. The other perfectly valid point of view is that Tesla should offer a more basic vehicle and then provide the features via a range of costed options. I prefer the first approach.

Reactions: Traguar

Source data for 'most people'???

I think you are misunderstanding my point. It was simply that some of us have little interest in Tesla offering vehicles with myriad costed options. I made no comment about features working or not working satisfactorily in my post. There is the potential for features to work well or not well no matter how they are paid for. The other perfectly valid point of view is that Tesla should offer a more basic vehicle and then provide the features via a range of costed options. I prefer the first approach.
No, I didn’t misunderstand your point.
It is me that made the point that whether Tesla provide features inclusively or at extra cost, they should JUST WORK and many owners feel they don’t work as expected
Source data for 'most people'???
try reading the UK section of this forum

I would like the software team to take a break from FSD altogether and address some of the basics. My personal bugbear is the inability to connect 2 phones to the Bluetooth. one for audio and one for calls. 95% of people wont care about this but those with teenagers will understand. Point is every car I have owned since 2012 has had this feature and I am talking about mainstream models , Skoda, Mini etc not Mercedes S class. Gotta walk before you can run
Oh and fricking Way Points. I know the lack of these is more ideological than software but it's pathologically stupid.

That's an interesting point that I hadn't thought about, but our iD4 connects to both our phones at the same time when we're in the car. You select from the menu which one you want to control the media from, but phone calls on either phone come through to the car system without any further intervention.

Seems odd that Tesla haven't implemented the A2DP protocol, it's not like it's 2005 and this Bluetooth thing is newfangled for cars any more.

and what proportion of UK Tesla owners frequent these forums? 0.01%?

and then... are people more likely to speak when they've had a perfectly adequate experience or a bad experience, do you think?
Who knows? And not wishing to be rude or antagonist, who cares, what matters to me is what I think about a company who have some customers who are not happy about certain features that they say are not working to their satisfaction and others repeatedly say the same about the same features.
I readily admit the nature of forums is that it’s more likely the complainers will be more vocal than the satisfied, I am certainly one of those dissatisfied with the company and will take any opportunity to voice my opinion. Hopefully that answers your last point as I agree with you on that question.