Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looks like price increased 500 just now.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, Tesla Just upped it by another $500 on 4/22 tonight. At this rate, MYLR could cost $4,000 more by July 4th. Maybe they will increase FSD by another $10k too. Just wait when the tax credit comes into play. Maybe it will be $100k. Perhaps this is Elon’s way of determining the real price elasticity of a Tesla customer. Hurry, place your order today! Is it true Elon is hiding a Bitcoin in random cars (not sure what he has added to the car in the past 14 days to warrant $1k)? You can be a lucky winner.

Good catch you are correct. Up by another $500. Not canceling my order now or even changing it at this point.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 7.36.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 7.36.37 PM.png
    558.9 KB · Views: 90
Yes, Tesla Just upped it by another $500 on 4/22 tonight. At this rate, MYLR could cost $4,000 more by July 4th. Maybe they will increase FSD by another $10k too. Just wait when the tax credit comes into play. Maybe it will be $100k. Perhaps this is Elon’s way of determining the real price elasticity of a Tesla customer. Hurry, place your order today! Is it true Elon is hiding a Bitcoin in random cars (not sure what he has added to the car in the past 14 days to warrant $1k)? You can be a lucky winner.
If ya already ordered you are good.

A lot of people said Tesla wouldn’t increase prices to account for the tax credit (if it comes back). I suggested Tesla may slowly increase them until the tax credit so it wouldn’t look like a cash grab.

To the large majority of potential buyers, they’ll never notice $2000 or even $4000 more by the time the credit shows up (if it does). Instead they’ll immediately minus $7000 (or $10000) from the price in their head and decide if it’s a good deal. Compared to MachE, Audi, Polestar, and others, the price will still be competitive and Tesla will benefit.

It’s always about numbers. This helps pay for the factories faster. This helps deploy more superchargers. This helps add more programmers to FSD development. Of course Tesla is going to try and sell what the market will buy...

I placed my order 1000 dollars ago fortunately. I think there are more increases to come as fed tax incentives get more likely to apply to Tesla.
Yep, that’s what Tesla does. They keep the tax credit for themselves. Just like before as the tax credit wound down the car prices came down accordingly.
This time they are raising prices slowly to steal the future tax credit from customers. It’s kind of scammy in a car dealership kind of way...

Yep, that’s what Tesla does. They keep the tax credit for themselves. Just like before as the tax credit wound down the car prices came down accordingly.
True, but I think that is the way it is designed to work. My understanding is that the tax credit has always been intended for the manufacturer, to help them "tool-up", and that's why it is limited to the first 200K vehicles produced by each manufacturer. The customer is just a conduit through which the credit flows. If it was supposed to be for the customer, why would there be any limitation on which manufacturers you could use it on?

True, but I think that is the way it is designed to work. My understanding is that the tax credit has always been intended for the manufacturer, to help them "tool-up", and that's why it is limited to the first 200K vehicles produced by each manufacturer. The customer is just a conduit through which the credit flows. If it was supposed to be for the customer, why would there be any limitation on which manufacturers you could use it on?
This makes no sense (seriously no offense meant, it’s the internet and conversations go sideways quickly). If it were for the manufacturer why would it not be paid to them directly per car sold? Incentives to “tool up” are done through tax incentives on factory equipment and machinery.
I don’t know what the limitations on manufacturers means. Previously there were no limitations like this. You could receive a tax credit on a foreign or domestic EV purchase. Now it’s supposedly meant to be tied to “made in America to stimulate jobs growth here in the US.
Im completely against tax credits like this. If anything give consumers more incentives to install charging equipment at home and solar to help the grid with future energy demand.

Well, you've still got it better than your neighbours* to the north! The base (white, 19", no tow or FSD) LR AWD MY in Canada costs $69,990 Canuck Bucks, which--based on current exchange rate as I type this--equates to $56,004.25 USD. So even with your extra $500, you're still way ahead! It can always be worse....right?