Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looks like price increased 500 just now.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice, I ordered my AWD Y during that tiny little period when it was $48,990. I delayed delivery so I won't take delivery until early May.
I had similar experience. Initial order placed for MYLR 3 weeks before the price dip, but I had to delay the delivery due to personal reasons. When the price dipped, system automatically priced it down to $48,990. Then I took delivery last week and still got the lowest price despite the recent price increases. That's 2K less than the current price. Almost 4% off. I will take that as a deal :D

One advise would be to get your delivery soon without further delay, there seems to be reports of forced/automatic cancellation of orders that aren't completed.

I had similar experience. Initial order placed for MYLR 3 weeks before the price dip, but I had to delay the delivery due to personal reasons. When the price dipped, system automatically priced it down to $48,990. Then I took delivery last week and still got the lowest price despite the recent price increases. That's 2K less than the current price. Almost 4% off. I will take that as a deal :D

One advise would be to get your delivery soon without further delay, there seems to be reports of forced/automatic cancellation of orders that aren't completed.
Free Acceleration Boost. 😉👍

Just went up another 500 tonight. :(

So the pattern has been to increase by 500 every other Thursday for the past three increases...

Yep. I think there is one more to go to match prices in early 2020.
Tesla Model 3 Base Price History (8).png

Tesla Model Y Base Price History (5).png

I definitely don't like this trend! I have an 11-year old Audi Q5 (~115k miles) that I was considering replacing at some point in 2020-2021. With full-time telework during covid, I have easily made it through 2020. I've been thinking maybe I would pull the trigger on a Model Y this summer, especially if a decent tax credit comes back into play, but at $53,490 for my preferred configuration (plus delivery and taxes), I will wait it out longer. I will also do a little more research on other options that are coming out. The market is becoming a lot more competitive this year and next, which is a great thing for everyone. If nothing else, it will push Tesla to be really careful with its own pricing.

In general, I have no issue with Tesla bouncing their prices around a little, but it is completely contrary to one of Elon's big messages about the broken car purchasing process, so I don't want to hear any of that crap any more. I also have a real problem with them raising prices just to soak up tax credits. I suspect this isn't because of the tax credit, yet. Nobody has actually drafted legislation yet, so we only have pure guesses as to how the incentives might work.

Reactions: KentheJ
I definitely don't like this trend! I have an 11-year old Audi Q5 (~115k miles) that I was considering replacing at some point in 2020-2021. With full-time telework during covid, I have easily made it through 2020. I've been thinking maybe I would pull the trigger on a Model Y this summer, especially if a decent tax credit comes back into play, but at $53,490 for my preferred configuration (plus delivery and taxes), I will wait it out longer. I will also do a little more research on other options that are coming out. The market is becoming a lot more competitive this year and next, which is a great thing for everyone. If nothing else, it will push Tesla to be really careful with its own pricing.

In general, I have no issue with Tesla bouncing their prices around a little, but it is completely contrary to one of Elon's big messages about the broken car purchasing process, so I don't want to hear any of that crap any more. I also have a real problem with them raising prices just to soak up tax credits. I suspect this isn't because of the tax credit, yet. Nobody has actually drafted legislation yet, so we only have pure guesses as to how the incentives might work.
Not to be trite, but Inflation sucks.

Used car prices are stupid high, and the cars/trucks that normally have cash on the hood are going for sticker.

I never understood this thinking. Why not just put $100 in for a reservation even if you were on the fence? You’re not fully committed until you take delivery.

It took 3 price increases for me to figure that out. Fortunately I reserved earlier in the week after my SA said I could push out delivery to the fall. The good thing is trade-in values will increase.

I agree, it was very dumb on my part. My only defense is that it's my wife's car and she wanted to wait. I didn't push it like I should have. If it was my car, I would have owned one already.

My wife suffers from “All or nothing” thinking sometimes too. And she sometimes gets concerned that if she approves one step in a direction I’m advocating that it‘s going to be interpreted as a full green light. More of a “me” problem for sure.

But yeah, reservations aren’t commitments, they’re placeholders.…”honey” ;)

Reactions: mtx450
Not to be trite, but Inflation sucks.

Used car prices are stupid high, and the cars/trucks that normally have cash on the hood are going for sticker.
That's not inflation. That's a screwed up short-term market that was disrupted by a pandemic. Prices will eventually reset because the global auto industry is fiercely competitive. Suppliers will ramp up production, auto manufacturers will ramp their production back up, etc. I will almost certainly be able to wait it out.

That's not inflation. That's a screwed up short-term market that was disrupted by a pandemic. Prices will eventually reset because the global auto industry is fiercely competitive. Suppliers will ramp up production, auto manufacturers will ramp their production back up, etc. I will almost certainly be able to wait it out.
Wishful thinking.

Copper and steel prices have gone up 2x and 3x. Retailers passing on CPG increases. Etc etc.

You can’t print money and keep rates near zero then expect deflation….

Reactions: whisperingshad
Wishful thinking.

Copper and steel prices have gone up 2x and 3x. Retailers passing on CPG increases. Etc etc.

You can’t print money and keep rates near zero then expect deflation….
+Higher gas prices, and BTW we are heading towards $80 a barrel will push everything up groceries, retail, restaurants, travel.
Remember we had $100 a barrel and when it went down $40 a barrel I didn't see any stores adjusting their prices down.

I bought Highlander in 2004 for $18K with MSRP at $21k. Find me base model Highlander for that money today.

Low interest rates screwed up Real Estate too.

So get ready for a ride. Everything will be expensive pretty soon.

Try to go to a Stealership, (any year, not just this one), they markup OVER MSRP regularly(should be illegal). These are just minor adjustments to price, and it's still cheaper than when it came out...NO car company can say that. They are NOT raising due to rebate possibilities yet...
Inflation will raise ALL car prices so, get in while you can(i missed out on 48990 drop, made sure i ordered at 49990)

I think people who banking on a tax credit coming that's going to get applied to new Tesla purchases is living a pipe dream...... at least until there's actual traction of the bill(s) floating out there in congress bein to move forward in this fiscal year. Until then, I don't and can't believe Tesla's reason for raising their prices is in preparation for a new tax credit coming.

That said, I've been waiting to put in another order for another LR Model Y, and will if the price happens to dip under $50k. But at this rate, it's going to be a better deal to just get the MYP instead.

Reactions: HillClimb
Looks like I am making money by buying it at $48,990

Same here, as I still have my original order in but we're also looking at getting another one.

TMY-48k-Order-Price.jpg

9500 dollar different currently.

I've already locked in the MYP for $60k because I don't mind spending/wasting $100 to secure it. If the LR price ever drops back under $50k, then I'll order that instead. But at this rate, if the LR price goes over $53k then I'm just going to buy the MYP for a few bucks more.

The last price increase on the MY LR is what finally pushed me to order a MYP before they raise prices on that too. I would order the 20" inductions for 2k and the boost for another 2k, so it's getting easier to justify the performance. This will also require another few grand on another set of wheels and tires, but I'm okay with that.

Reactions: HillClimb