TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Looks like Tesla has approved my desired post "Finalize" change from blue to red

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by artsci, Dec 9, 2012.

1. artsci

artsci Sponsor

If any of you saw my previous threads (An apology to Tesla for having criticized them about my requested color change - Page 2 Happy with the way Tesla has handled my request for a color change from blue to red) on my attempt to change from blue to red a week after I finalized my order, you may have noted that I posted that Angie from the Customer Experience Team called Friday afternoon to let me know that they'd have a decision on Monday.

About two minutes ago I went onto the Tesla site and logged into My Garage and was very surprised to see that the blue of my finalized car had been changed to red. There was also a notice that Tesla was preparing a new MVPA for me to sign. So it's probably very safe to assume that I will be getting the multi-coat red. I couldn't be more pleased, and thanks to all of my Tesla online friends on this site who provided excellent advice and cheered me on.

What a company, what service, and what a good bunch of people on this board!!!! Now I'm anxious to see the anticipated delivery window. As the red cars don't begin production until March 1, I'm guessing April/May.

2. Lyon

Lyon 2012 S P85, 2016 X P90D

That's great news! I'm glad that Tesla was able to accommodate your desire to change. While they've had some growing pains in the last year, Tesla is a remarkable company.

3. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Wouldn't it be nice if other auto companies (and other corporations as well) were so considerate of their customers.

4. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Really happy for you!

5. Yogionthebeach

I finalized back in Sep and just last week asked to change to red and I had no problem whatsoever! The new MVPA was whipped up in a day and I finalized (again!). Of course mine is 60 kwh and therefore has not entered production and I can see this being an issue with 85 kwh getting ready to become one of the 400 for the week!

6. xhawk101

xhawk101 Active Member

Congrats artsci we will have the best red!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

7. GDH

GDH Banned

Congrats.

Red FTW!

8. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Finalized on change from blue to red

Finalized this morning. Delivery window is April/May. With the blue, delivery was Feb/March.