Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looks like the grey Seats are avaiable again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey,

if you set up a new car you can see that the "available mid 2017" is gone.

Mine is coming late january/february, Tesla made a mistake and sent the car in production 2 weeks ago, I had a configuration with the grey seats so I can confirm that they're avaiable right now. Can't say for how long.

Now I can follow a car in my account that is not mine, well done Tesla :confused:

It think they just removed the date right at the seat.

2016-10-04 15_41_04-Order a Tesla Model S _ Tesla.png

Strange thing is though... I ordered my Tesla Model S with Grey Next Gen seats on Sept 14, received a VIN, confirmation and estimated delivery (November - Early December) the same day. Sept 27 I got an e-mail my car went into production and this weekend (Oct 1) I received an e-mail that my Model S production is finished and the car is on it's way from the factory (EU, so I expect at least 5-6 weeks of transportation time). So although I ordered when the Grey leather was Mid 2017, it seems my car was built within three weeks?!

Reactions: Swissmoneychf
Strange thing is though... I ordered my Tesla Model S with Grey Next Gen seats on Sept 14, received a VIN, confirmation and estimated delivery (November - Early December) the same day. Sept 27 I got an e-mail my car went into production and this weekend (Oct 1) I received an e-mail that my Model S production is finished and the car is on it's way from the factory (EU, so I expect at least 5-6 weeks of transportation time). So although I ordered when the Grey leather was Mid 2017, it seems my car was built within three weeks?!

Exactly what happened with mine. It's a great news for me, I hope it will be the same in two months when my real car will go into production.

Reactions: Joostdz

Better make sure you actually get grey seats when you take delivery.;)

Reactions: Joostdz
Mine is coming late january/february, Tesla made a mistake and sent the car in production 2 weeks ago, I had a configuration with the grey seats so I can confirm that they're avaiable right now. Can't say for how long.

Now I can follow a car in my account that is not mine, well done Tesla :confused:

What makes you think that won't be your car? They can build it now, let you know when it is ready and ask if you want early delivery, or if you want them to just park it and wait until Jan/Feb for delivery.

Of course maybe you really wanted a "2017" car, in which case your only option would be to refuse delivery and give up your deposit.

What makes you think that won't be your car? They can build it now, let you know when it is ready and ask if you want early delivery, or if you want them to just park it and wait until Jan/Feb for delivery.

Of course maybe you really wanted a "2017" car, in which case your only option would be to refuse delivery and give up your deposit.

It's a strange story that only Tesla can provide. I ordered 2 months ago saying that I want it for february, can't take delivery sooner. I ordered, they said it's ok and my delivery window in my "mytesla" was late january/february. 2 weeks later I see that it switched to november... I called my SC and asked dafuq is going on ? They said they "made a mistake" and now they can't cancel the process, so the car will be made, will be delivered to my SC in november but it's not mine anymore, they will sell it. So right now I have a car in my account that is not mine and I don't know when mine will show up... It really seems that the SC guys don't know anything, it's annoying. I kept asking if I will be able to get my car in february with the grey seats or it will be delayed to "mid 2017" and the answer was "we don't know yet", cool... If you don't know anything more than me what are you paid for ?

Well, in my case the Tesla service in Swizerland is very, very disapointing.

I'm pretty sure that the "mistake" wasn't one, it has been done to fake the delivery numbers of Q3. I don't see any other reason.

It's a strange story that only Tesla can provide. I ordered 2 months ago saying that I want it for february, can't take delivery sooner. I ordered, they said it's ok and my delivery window in my "mytesla" was late january/february. 2 weeks later I see that it switched to november... I called my SC and asked dafuq is going on ? They said they "made a mistake" and now they can't cancel the process, so the car will be made, will be delivered to my SC in november but it's not mine anymore, they will sell it. So right now I have a car in my account that is not mine and I don't know when mine will show up... It really seems that the SC guys don't know anything, it's annoying. I kept asking if I will be able to get my car in february with the grey seats or it will be delayed to "mid 2017" and the answer was "we don't know yet", cool... If you don't know anything more than me what are you paid for ?

Well, in my case the Tesla service in Swizerland is very, very disapointing.

I'm pretty sure that the "mistake" wasn't one, it has been done to fake the delivery numbers of Q3. I don't see any other reason.

Fake the delivery numbers? As far as I know, they don't count cars that aren't delivered to customers with all the paperwork signed in their sales totals, hence the in transit numbers they have. So in the case of your car that's apparently being built right now, it wouldn't even be counted for the Q3 totals, not even the in transit numbers.

• Helpful
Reactions: EinSV
Looks like the grey seats are gone completely now. I just confirmed a Model S order with grey seats a week ago and there was nothing saying anything about any delays, date said Late Dec. Right after order confirmation though it changed to Late Dec to Early Jan, but my sales person told I can get it this year. I sure hope so since if they can't make December I don't want it till probably mid next year (only got it now to get the rebate on next year's taxes, otherwise mid next year would work much better).

I'm not seeing grey seats on the USA or Canada order pages at all, but I see white available on the 90D and P100D. I would never consider the grey, but the white are simply spectacular IMO. They probably had a few kicking around so they put them back on the order pages briefly. I'd love to see a white S, with solid glass roof, black Headliner, carbon fibre trim, and ultra white seats, oh ya....

I'm not seeing grey seats on the USA or Canada order pages at all, but I see white available on the 90D and P100D. I would never consider the grey, but the white are simply spectacular IMO. They probably had a few kicking around so they put them back on the order pages briefly. I'd love to see a white S, with solid glass roof, black Headliner, carbon fibre trim, and ultra white seats, oh ya....
fBwOgSV.jpg

Not the best pictures, but here is white on white combo.
White on White = SICK!