TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Looks Like the Pricing/Order Page Changed on Tesla Site

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by texex91, Oct 9, 2013.

1. texex91

texex91 Banned

#1 texex91, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
    Was looking at the order page today, and looks like they have made some minor (albeit--good) changes.

1. They have listed HP (which was not there before) - Nice to show differences in models.
    2. Top speed - Don't recall seeing that, but may have been there.
    3. On P model they now say "one month priority delivery"--nice!
    4. Calling out "high performance inverter" and "optional CF spoiler" on P.

Capturepr_zpsc66b614c.png

2. FreeOfPge

FreeOfPge Member

Awesome changes, somehow seeing the hp listings gives more of a muscle car feel, imo. Maybe the engineers will get tired of seeing 416 hp and think, hey 616 hp sure would look sweet!

3. liuping

liuping Active Member

The prices still look like they include the $7500 credit, they just do not say so. That might be worse than before...

The other changes are good (well except the 2-3 month delivery times of the S85 :) )

4. Shumdit

Shumdit Member

I noticed that last night. It happened pretty late unless I had just not refreshed the browser because on my ipad I had both "versions" of that page on 2 different tabs.

5. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

Considering they just updated it, you'd think they would have put realistic delivery times. I just ordered a week ago had my delivery scheduled yesterday: current wait for a P85 is two months.

6. texex91

texex91 Banned

Still think you can get a + in about a month.

You're probably right on P (but you may get a pleasant surprise on delivery date--I hope you do!) they should put 1-2 mo.

The closer to the end of the quarter (and in this case year), the better the chances on shorter delivery time frames.

7. TylerCA

TylerCA Member

it seems many EV makers are still tacking on the incentive, which is somewhat deceiving.

8. brandonmbeard

brandonmbeard Member

The also pulled the destination fee out of the price you see on that grid. It's still in the price on the right thought. I thought for a second there was a price decrease.

9. doctrewho

doctrewho Member

At least we're already in line with our S85s :)

10. jdevo2004

jdevo2004 Member

Should read "21" tire upgrade included".

11. Shumdit

Shumdit Member

I think it's only deceiving if they do not put that the price is after the $7500 credit, which I agree should be spelled out more clearly right under each price.

12. texex91

texex91 Banned

Actually the 21" are $4500 more and not included. I wish they were 'included'!

13. Shumdit

Shumdit Member

Yep, that one got you when you were ordering didn't it? Easy to do since Tesla has changed so much in terms of pricing and options. I lost HOURS of sleep last night thinking I had made a six figure mistake due to this very type of content change.

14. texex91

texex91 Banned

So what is your config?

15. stopcrazypp

stopcrazypp Well-Known Member

They say "Price with $7,500 Federal Tax Credit" in the panel on the right (which also includes the $1170 destination charge) if you click the "cash" button.

16. Shumdit

Shumdit Member

All will be revealed....tomorrow....probably!

maybe not

dang it. First I can't make up my mind on the car, now I can't make up my mind on when to discuss it!

- - - Updated - - -

But that is not as transparent as it could be. First the finance button is defaulted, which does not show it and then if you choose cash it's still not placed where the base price shown easily let's you know the price is with that credit applied. It would be better (in my opinion) to put it right below each price shown in the box. Just to avoid confusion.

17. texex91

texex91 Banned

Well how can we help you...are you on the edge of a P or P+??? Remember you have us to lean on--just spill what the hang-up's are...:wink:

18. staze

staze Junior P85 Member

I second (or third...) the suggestion that the P85 read 1-2 months. Somewhat misleading but still smart on their part. I confirmed on 10/2 and have heard nothing. "One Month Priority Delivery" would be a dream come true. Yes Tex, I may still be surprised - maybe that is their gambit. Elon did something right to earn his billions.

19. Shumdit

Shumdit Member

No hang ups. Decision made. Will it be popular with the masses? Who knows? Are they writing the check? Oh, then it doesn't matter...:tongue:

20. texex91

texex91 Banned

Awesome! You will love it. And yes, hang in there, but feel free to reach out to Tesla regarding status.

True. Looking forward to hearing about it. Congrats in advance!