Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looooog wait time at Fremont charger station

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i believe this has been discussed a lot but i'd complain again... i've been waiting at Fremont charger station for more than half hour. When i just arrived, there are >10 vihecles before me. I know other charger stations also have this problem.

Is there any discussion on company's plan to build more supercharger? One year ago there're always a few available charger whenever i arrive. Now it's pretty common to see a line. I cant imagine how the line will be when model 3 are widely delivered.

i believe this has been discussed a lot but i'd complain again... i've been waiting at Fremont charger station for more than half hour. When i just arrived, there are >10 vihecles before me. I know other charger stations also have this problem.

Is there any discussion on company's plan to build more supercharger? One year ago there're always a few available charger whenever i arrive. Now it's pretty common to see a line. I cant imagine how the line will be when model 3 are widely delivered.
Nope. Tesla is done building superchargers. In fact, they are going to close many of them.

(Your question hasn't already been discussed in a hundred threads either).

;)o_O

...Is there any discussion...

What happened to all those Superchargers at Model 3 Delivery Ceremony at Fremont Factory?

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F552967%2F81ab74af-de3b-4350-addf-d3566f4c2090.JPG

Sorry for your problems. Yes, this was the 2nd or 3rd busiest on my last trip from WA State to LA (the others were San Mateo and Atascadero). It's really difficult, especially when traveling long distances, such as from Newark, CA to Fremont, CA.:eek:

• Funny
Reactions: BluestarE3
Sorry for your problems. Yes, this was the 2nd or 3rd busiest on my last trip from WA State to LA (the others were San Mateo and Atascadero). It's really difficult, especially when traveling long distances, such as from Newark, CA to Fremont, CA.:eek:
Sarcasm duly noted. However, if there is any place on the West Coast where large numbers of current/future owners have no home charging solution, it’s the Bay Area. It’s a budding nightmare as 3s increase the numbers of Teslas exponentially. If I had to travel to the Bay Area regularly by my car, I might keep an ICE for the purpose.:) Luckily my wife works for an airline, so that will never happen in the foreseeable future.

There are entire states without service centers. Wtf? Are there really people driving 1000+ miles to reach one?
You're surprised by that? What else do you expect those of us without nearby Service Centers to do?

I had my car serviced in Denver last month and it was 795 miles round trip, including my stay with friends in Boulder and the trip to Denver. The next nearest Service Center is Salt Lake City at 376 miles one way, but that requires a motel stay. We do have Ranger service but that's only for little things that can be fixed out of a Ranger van.

People who live within an hour or two of a Service Center don't realize how lucky they are. The chance of a Service Center opening within even 150 miles of my house is very low for the foreseeable future. The only "big city" around here is Grand Junction — population about 61,000 and 95 miles away — and that seems too small to support a Service Center. I consider myself lucky compared to the Tesla owners in Alaska.

At least we don't have to deal with full Supercharger Stations!

USA Tesla Service Center map.png

You're surprised by that? What else do you expect those of us without nearby Service Centers to do?

I had my car serviced in Denver last month and it was 795 miles round trip, including my stay with friends in Boulder and the trip to Denver. The next nearest Service Center is Salt Lake City at 376 miles one way, but that requires a motel stay. We do have Ranger service but that's only for little things that can be fixed out of a Ranger van.

People who live within an hour or two of a Service Center don't realize how lucky they are. The chance of a Service Center opening within even 150 miles of my house is very low for the foreseeable future. The only "big city" around here is Grand Junction — population about 61,000 and 95 miles away — and that seems too small to support a Service Center. I consider myself lucky compared to the Tesla owners in Alaska.

View attachment 257635

This is my recommendation for you.
https://cnet1.cbsistatic.com/img/Ky...6fa-b31f-1ae580bb75ff/2016fordf150limited.jpg

Hah! wouldn't be caught dead in one of those, although similar vehicles are very common around here.

I've been driving electric, on sunpower, for almost six years and got rid of my backup ICE car a year and a half ago when I bought the Model S. There are about five Teslas in my tiny county, population ~4500 and others in neighboring counties, so dealing with Ranger service and long trips to a Service Center is nothing new for many of us.

i believe this has been discussed a lot but i'd complain again...
Yes, it has been discussed endlessly for years now and there are existing threads about it.

i've been waiting at Fremont charger station for more than half hour. When i just arrived, there are >10 vihecles before me.
There is a specific thread in the California Superchargers forum about the Fremont Supercharger. You can complain there.

Is there any discussion on company's plan to build more supercharger?
Yes there are multiple threads in various forums about Tesla’s Supercharger plans. If you want to see Tesla’s plans, go here Find Us | Tesla

The Supercharger network is growing rapidly in California and especially in the SF Bay Area, where you are. I suggest you browse the threads in the California Superchargers forum. Look at the thread titles. I make some effort to keep the titles up to date with the latest openings and construction status to try to make it easy for people to see what is going on.

Or you can just continue to complain here in this thread you started.