Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loose connector under passenger seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, yesterday I was driving home from the store with my new X, and at one point accelerated strongly enough to slide a bag of purchases under the passenger seat. When I got home and pulled it out, I noticed a loose wire connector under the passenger seat. I could not find anywhere to plug it in, and I know it’s possible it’s not used on my particular vehicle, but I wanted to check the hive mind here if this is standard.

All the seat movement functions seem to work fine.

I have a new P100D X

Thanks

7707605A-9A87-4B06-9C41-304E458E795D.jpeg

Hi, yesterday I was driving home from the store with my new X, and at one point accelerated strongly enough to slide a bag of purchases under the passenger seat. When I got home and pulled it out, I noticed a loose wire connector under the passenger seat. I could not find anywhere to plug it in, and I know it’s possible it’s not used on my particular vehicle, but I wanted to check the hive mind here if this is standard.

All the seat movement functions seem to work fine.

I have a new P100D X

Thanks

View attachment 437174
Maybe that was for the ventilated seats that are no longer available this week but will probably be back next week.

Was there a light under there on older models?

my 2016 P90DL already had it but the mrs. 2016 90D did not. I'm assuming it's because mine had the PUP package. Even though hers didn't have it, the wire just dangled there as seen on here. Attached an extra light and gained footwell lighting lol. There just isn't a spot to click it into so it just hangs around but oh well no one can see it.

my 2016 P90DL already had it but the mrs. 2016 90D did not. I'm assuming it's because mine had the PUP package. Even though hers didn't have it, the wire just dangled there as seen on here. Attached an extra light and gained footwell lighting lol. There just isn't a spot to click it into so it just hangs around but oh well no one can see it.
Very interesting. Any chance to get a pic of how they attach on the dL? I’ll put the two I took out of the doors for the puddle lights there!! Thanks

On my 2019 it was for the ventilated seat motor. They must have pre wired all the seats regardless if they had the motors or not. I have since upgraded my front seats to ventilated. (Still have 2 like new non ventilated white seats available) lol.

so if you get ventilated seats they work? also shows on the screen? What color spare seats you have?
you have to have the gateway config changed for the option to appear on the MCU. Seats are white, out of my 19’ performance X, they were removed with only 3310 miles on them and were ceramic coated on delivery day. They also have the motorized headrest before that option was removed sometime in 2020.