TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Loose Lug Nut Covers

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Solarman004, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Solarman004

Solarman004 Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Here's a heads up... I took our X on its first long trip this past weekend. Prior to leaving I wanted to make sure I could remove the lug nut covers with the tools I had loaded in the car. When I barely touched the first cover with pliers, it fell out. I checked the rest just with fingers and every one was loose and popped out with almost no force. I pushed in each cover to fully seat them and they all required more than 1/4" of travel to fully seat. I am surprised I haven't had any of them fall off. So you may want to check your covers by pushing them in and making sure they are fully seated.
  2. BerTX

BerTX Member

May 2, 2014
    One of ours fell off in the first few days of ownership. Being replaced at SC in two days at scheduled service visit. I have not checked to see if others are loose -- pretty dumb, now that you mention it...