Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loose nuts in my new car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

cinergi

Sep 17, 2010
MA
These nuts were sitting on top of the area above the wheel (under the plastic cover to the right of the frunk). I had the frunk apart the other day and noticed these odd nuts ... they looked out of place of course so I gently pulled on them and they popped off! They were simply held to the frame of the car by nothing more than paint. Why were there two nuts just sitting on my car before it went in for paint? Why wasn't that caught? That's a little disturbing ...

IMG_2873.JPG

That's very odd. I'm sure they were accidentally placed there and then missed due to being hidden by the paint. With that being said it is concerning and probably worth calling Tesla about so they can do a top down inspection of your car. I highly doubt something has not been bolted down, but better safe than sorry.

If you have strut tower nuts that are either loose (as in "not tight"), or missing, you have a QC problem. All I see here are extra nuts, a much smaller issue.

Each front strut should be held up by three nuts, and I'm pretty sure they all have the extra hole.