Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loose panel under car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed there's a loose panel under my M3, anyone have an idea on what it is? I created a service appointment but the earliest one in my area isn't for a month, a nearby city has one in a week though I don't know if I should drive the car until then.

HFhZCqw.jpg

I have the exact same issue. Wife drove over a curb. What part of Canada are you located in (Ontario?). Love to hear what the 'fix' is.

Yeah, Ontario, but currently Quebec for work, what sucks though is there's only 1 SC in Montreal, unlike the GTA. The earliest appointment in Montreal is August 26, so I scheduled it for Ottawa, which had availability for next Thursday (August 6). I'll see what they'll say then. I called Tesla support, and she didn't know for sure but said it might be the protective cover for the battery, she said it's just plastic and not a big deal but did recommend keeping the appointment in Ottawa and not waiting a month. She said the battery is protected in other ways, so the cover is extra, and they might just remove it, so it doesn't scrape instead of repairing it.

OP you must be new. This is a well known issue since mid late 2018. Please search, and either fix it yourself if so inclined or get the replacement parts from the Service Centers parts dept.

Most, have them in stock.
Front, center and rear splash guards/shields, as required.

If its the front one (doesnt seem to be) you can also replace with the Model Y injection molded plastic equivalent.

And if its the center rear... do yourself a favor and make a few holes in the rear plastic splash guard/diffuser to help drain off water before it meets the material.
Threads on that on here, other fora and the interwebz in general as well.

OP you must be new. This is a well known issue since mid late 2018. Please search, and either fix it yourself if so inclined or get the replacement parts from the Service Centers parts dept.

Most, have them in stock.
Front, center and rear splash guards/shields, as required.

If its the front one (doesnt seem to be) you can also replace with the Model Y injection molded plastic equivalent.

And if its the center rear... do yourself a favor and make a few holes in the rear plastic splash guard/diffuser to help drain off water before it meets the material.
Threads on that on here, other fora and the interwebz in general as well.

Thanks, I'll take a look, I saw some posts mentioning it but I heard the part was redesigned in 2019. This is a June 2020 build.

I just made a mobile service appt to have mine replaced w/ the revised part. Does anyone know the latest revision part #? I believe I have the M3 MID AERO, LWRT (1104313-00-A) from 6/2018 model. I know there is a B part revision (I believe that was the revised part from 2019) but wasn't sure if any newer revisions have been made.

They are ordering the part now and I'll update if/when they replace mine.