TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Loose Rearview Mirror (interior)

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by kinho, May 17, 2017.

1. kinho

kinho Member

Picked up my MX in March, and almost immediately suspected that the interior rearview mirror was loose. It would hold its position for smaller drivers, but at the angle that would allow me, a taller person to see, it would kind of wobble slowly and shift upwards. Last month, the SC told me that this was a defect and will change it when the new parts arrive. He did mention that quite a few MX's have the same problem, but I haven't seen any threads about this issue. Anyone have my problem?

2. Falcon90D

Falcon90D Member

I have the same problem. My car was brought into Tesla and they adjusted the mirror to a position that I was comfortable with and managed to make it stay in that position but as soon as someone else adjusts it to another position, it starts shifting upwards again. Good to know Tesla acknowledges this as a defect.

3. FequalsMA

FequalsMA Member

VIN 0291XX

No issues on center mirror but i'm increasingly feeling like it's useless on a 7 seater since the rear glass is so small and there's also a spoiler.
    Tempted to just take it off altogether.

• Funny x 1