TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Loose Windshield Wiper Fluid Hose - Repairs Anyone?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by tvad, Dec 1, 2019.

1. tvad

tvad Member

The windshield fluid hose came loose on the left (driver side) windshield wiper. I pressed the hose back into place, but it didn't "click" into a fastener that I would consider secure.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, and if so did you take it in for a service visit (or mobile service) and what was done in the repair process?

2. camalaio

camalaio Active Member

If I recall from other pictures correctly, it just slips over top right?

You could get a small hose clamp and slip it over before putting it back on. Wouldn't tighten it a lot, but it should help keep it in place.

3. Ivan Abundance

If it doesn't have enough friction to hold itself in place, I'd consider a zip tie over a hose clamp. Or, motorcycle shops have wee-tiny wire spring clamps for fuel lines. You also might try getting it nice and dry, and giving the nipple a shot of hair spray, and then sliding it on. Make sure it isn't snagged on anything, and has enough free movement when the wiper arm swings.