Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loose/wobbly driver's side mirror

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My driver's side mirror has become loose/wobbly recently. My guess is that I need to take the little painted sticker off and jam some kind of screwdriver in there to tighten it. Has anybody tightened their mirror before?

Some similarities with the Elise so this old thread might help: Roadster 1.5 and Lotus Elise Sideview mirrors the same assembly?

And here's a good reference image:
attachment.php

My driver's side mirror has become loose/wobbly recently. My guess is that I need to take the little painted sticker off and jam some kind of screwdriver in there to tighten it. Has anybody tightened their mirror before?

Yes, that is correct. Remove the sticker, than a long screwdriver to tighten the internal bolt. If you are very careful, you will be able to re-use the same sticker. Otherwise, you will need to get some made in your bodywork paint colour.

Looks like Lotus calls them a "Blanking Patch" (P/N A111V0206F) and it seems they're available here. Pretty sure you'll need to paint them to match though. Tesla has the painted ones listed in the Roadster parts catalog but who knows what their available stock situation is.