Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loose/wobbly driver's side mirror

jeremyz

Apr 5, 2013
My driver's side mirror has become loose/wobbly recently. My guess is that I need to take the little painted sticker off and jam some kind of screwdriver in there to tighten it. Has anybody tightened their mirror before?

Roadster

JdeMO Powered
Dec 10, 2016
SoCal
Some similarities with the Elise so this old thread might help: Roadster 1.5 and Lotus Elise Sideview mirrors the same assembly?

And here's a good reference image:
attachment.php

markwj

Moderator, Asia Pacific
Apr 10, 2011
Hong Kong
My driver's side mirror has become loose/wobbly recently. My guess is that I need to take the little painted sticker off and jam some kind of screwdriver in there to tighten it. Has anybody tightened their mirror before?

Yes, that is correct. Remove the sticker, than a long screwdriver to tighten the internal bolt. If you are very careful, you will be able to re-use the same sticker. Otherwise, you will need to get some made in your bodywork paint colour.

markwj

Moderator, Asia Pacific
Apr 10, 2011
Hong Kong
It's actually a 1/8 inch socket head bolt (allen).

I got mine tightened with a screwdriver. I think it was a Torx, but not 100% certain. Perhaps different models have different bolt styles?

Anyway, pretty obvious to see when the sticky label is removed.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak

Roadster

JdeMO Powered
Dec 10, 2016
SoCal
Looks like Lotus calls them a "Blanking Patch" (P/N A111V0206F) and it seems they're available here. Pretty sure you'll need to paint them to match though. Tesla has the painted ones listed in the Roadster parts catalog but who knows what their available stock situation is.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC