Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loosing the Tesla love?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I the only UK possible purchaser who is now loosing the will to bother ?

See what the Gen3 brings I guess.

Thoroughly fed up waiting, sorry you had me hook line and sinker now I am loosing interest.

Once we get Model S it will be 2 years before Model X and then Gen 3 hits US and we wait another 2 years for that.

Getting too old to care now. i3 and Smart available, Tesla you have lost me, probably my loss.

That means not only me but my kids and onwards as they could have been converted.

Best
dan43

Hello Dan,

Isn't this thread the same as this: 6-7 months delivery?

Either way, all I can say is that sucks. But I doubt it will take an additional 2 years per model. From a supplying other nations stand point, of which admittedly I have no experience with, these things would be streamlined by that time. In fact, I imagine Gen 3 will be a simultaneous release by then. I imagine that is what Tesla is focusing now, is streamlining international sales and deliveries.

Best of luck to you, I hope you change your mind, but if you don't I hope you enjoy the vehicle you find.

Hey at least you know you're going to get a car in the UK and relatively soon, with the possibility of Supercharging and European travel.

I have no idea if and when we'll see Model S's in the Middle East, probably after just about everyone else. Be that as it may, having witnessed and test driven the Model S I am no longer willing to spend money on ANY new car. This is the future so I'll keep what I've got until I can get a TMS.

PS: After seeing this I would never get an F Type: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTsl0nk0_G0

No one on this side of the pond should ever say they are loosing anything. Losing is how we say it, but to answer your inquiry: The only loss you will have is if you cancel your order and then see one drive by you. You will die a little on the inside I think.

Even if it’s not an emotional lovingly decision at this point – perhaps it can be a rational one.

Since you seem to be someone who can swing a Model S, I honestly think it would be a real loss if you were to get injured or worse in a Smart. Before considering one of those I would watch this if I were you. The Smart makes appearances at 1:12-1:21 (slow-motion) and at 2:28 (real-time):

The Smart may have a 4-star rating in Euro NCAP,

Smart fortwo | Euro NCAP - For safer cars crash test safety rating

…but:

Smart for two has a great safety cage. Only issue is that high G forces from lack of crush space result in horrific injuries to internal organs as a result of rapid deceleration. The heart can literally be torn from the aortic arch. The result is that there maybe no cabin penetration but you will perish [anyway] from high G force. In other words , you will look good in an open casket.
…so maybe in that case go for an i3?

Personally though at this point it seems to me that money is better spent with Tesla than with BMW (or Mercedes/Smart). Tesla/Elon will never stop to relentlessly strive for the highest possible degree of electrification no matter what kind of transport. Can the same be said about BMW or Mercedes/Smart at this point?

And finally: It seems love when it comes to cars can be rekindled rather swiftly. Almost everyone here that owns one seems to literally love their MS. So perhaps it’s not to late to find the hope you need in your heart. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hang in there, Dan43! It'll be worth the wait!

(SwedishAdvocate - I almost bought a SmartCar back in 2008...the evening before I was going to purchase, I watched some crash test videos of the car, and came to the same conclusion that motgom626 did. I bought a Prius instead, and I'm tremendously glad I did. It actually gets better MPG (48 vs. 32, if memory serves) and has lower emissions, too!)