Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loot box is gone.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am still waiting for my MYP but the app used to show a loot box with my referral code etc but that is gone now. Is that something new? How can I get my own referral code now?

8A92298A-AFB4-44FA-841F-D0A4D309CDFB.png

I am still waiting for my MYP but the app used to show a loot box with my referral code etc but that is gone now.
Is that something new? How can I get my own referral code now?

View attachment 670119
This may be the reason why... Tesla is completely revamping referral program after spending $23 million on free Supercharging - Electrek

Now even the free Supercharging miles are apparently starting to become a bit too expensive for Tesla. Sources familiar with the matter told Electrek that Tesla spent over $23 million in free Supercharging miles last quarter alone. It is prompting the automaker to do even more changes to the referral program.

According to a source familiar with the matter, Tesla plans to eliminate referral links, which owners often spam on social media, and instead turn to an app-based referral program promoting in-person referrals. The plans are still not entirely clear, but Tesla plans to update its mobile app to have more features for non-Tesla owners. It is going to facilitate test drives and current owners can link their account to the new user’s app to give test drives and if those new users end up ordering a Tesla, the current owner will be rewarded.

This may be the reason why... Tesla is completely revamping referral program after spending $23 million on free Supercharging - Electrek

Now even the free Supercharging miles are apparently starting to become a bit too expensive for Tesla. Sources familiar with the matter told Electrek that Tesla spent over $23 million in free Supercharging miles last quarter alone. It is prompting the automaker to do even more changes to the referral program.

According to a source familiar with the matter, Tesla plans to eliminate referral links, which owners often spam on social media, and instead turn to an app-based referral program promoting in-person referrals. The plans are still not entirely clear, but Tesla plans to update its mobile app to have more features for non-Tesla owners. It is going to facilitate test drives and current owners can link their account to the new user’s app to give test drives and if those new users end up ordering a Tesla, the current owner will be rewarded.
Is it possible all the Tesla YouTubers and Social Media Pimps are hoarding all the SuperCharger referral miles? 🤔😄

It may be a system update. About a week ago the loot box link in app showed nothing then it came back with updated miles. As of this moment everything looks normal in my account and actually I just referred someone who placed an order today. They show in my referrals tab.

I am still waiting for my MYP but the app used to show a loot box with my referral code etc but that is gone now. Is that something new? How can I get my own referral code now?

View attachment 670119
Robert,

it comes and goes lately bro.. mine disappeared for about a week last month. Then, I charged up at a supercharger and my loot box was still gone. This was weeks ago. Checked it today, it was back and reporting “563 miles remaining” (from referral)... so yes, it comes and goes.

Is it possible all the Tesla YouTubers and Social Media Pimps are hoarding all the SuperCharger referral miles? 🤔😄
Fred at Electrek has over 1 million free Supercharging miles that he will never use and 2 free roadsters coming... the program had to change. ;)

1623000335919.png

Reactions: Wood1030