TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Loremo 120-mpg and all-electric prototypes should be on the road soon

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by dpeilow, Jan 23, 2009.

1. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Lets see if "slow and steady" wins the race...
    I hadn't been paying close attention to them, but they seem to be getting more interesting over time.

2. felix pius

felix pius Member

I've followed Loremo for a longer time between 2006 and 2007 until I lost interest because there were absolutely no news about progression during one year.

It seems that the new partner - Thomas Zoellhofer - former staff member of formula 1 BMW Team is now bringing more drive into the development of this vehicle. But still Loremo seems to be highly undercapitalized - estimating a maximum capital of about 20 - 30 millions. This is nuts if you consider, that they are developing a completely new chassis and body. Just compare it to Tesla Motors.

In short - there are still too many open questions - the biggest issue obviously are the finances to get this vehicle into series production.:frown:

3. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

#4 doug, Apr 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016

4. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Man, part of me buying a car has to do with aesthetics (one reason I didn't get the roadster) and man, this car just does not do it for me.

5. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

6. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

7. Adm

Adm Active Member

It doesn't sound good.

They have moved from a location that had become too expensive, but with help of state gevernment they have moved.

An asian investor has turned up and legal documents signed, but the first and second payment haven't been made. They remain confident that everything will be alright.

loose and short translation from the blog on their website: http://www.loremo.com/07blog.htm