Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Los Angeles Blackvue Install Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everybody,

A lot of us got our PPF/clear coat through the group buy on this Forum, organized by @mobilesuit818. The vendor was Concours Auto Spa, which now has two locations: Torrance and Marina del Rey.

I have now bought but not yet received a Blackvue dash cam (DR900S-2CH). I had thought it would be an easy DIY thing, but I'm now thinking I would rather have somebody properly install it...so I asked Concours. Doug says he would be willing to do $300 per install (you provide the camera) and then when we reach 20 paid installs, he would give each of us a $50 rebate.

I don't know whether this is a good deal or not. Please chime in with your quotes. If it's not a good deal, I'm sure I can ask Doug to sharpen his pencil. Also, please reply if you are interested in the group deal.

@P85_DA, did you hardwire yours or use the Blackvue B-112? Did you use a mobile hotspot? I'm trying to figure out best practices to avoid jeopardizing the Tesla warranty.

I have X so hard wire ..and use freedom pop hotspot ..have had cam for many years on S never had issue with warranty ..I believe 3 needs battery pack though not aware of any way to hardwire

Reactions: Rosalind