Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Los Angeles, CA area: Paint Correction detail pros with real shops/garages/knowledge?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are there any? If anybody has any positive personal experience with a real seasoned pro detailer in the Los Angeles area, please advise? I am aware there may be a number of "good" wash & wax type detailers and possibly mobile, but I do not have a garage, only a carport. I need somebody with the facilities. I'm talking about preferably either West Los Angeles area or San Fernando valley area, or at least relatively close.

I am aware of some pros in Orange County and have had conversations with a couple of them over last few months. However, distance is an issue for proper coordination not to mention ongoing maintenance.

I am looking for somebody with knowledge and experience with at least some VARIETY of current coating technologies like the silica-titania-carnuba nano coatings (ex: Polish Angel) not just one coating, not just good old carnuba wax and understands balancing the PPF with the coatings for overall solution. Also need somebody who does not get offended with basic questions about techniques or products used.

I've done tons of reading/research (more than anybody probably should) periodically over course of many months, and so I feel I can communicate fairly efficiently (speak their language) for Q&A.

I also tested OptiGuard a few months back on a different car, but it did not end up being the solution I am looking for re: the Tesla. It appears most of the really "serious" detailers are not local but maybe it's just that I don't know where to look. It may be a lost cause with me but I thought, this is probably my last shot. Nothing ventured....

Sparing you all the rest of the long back story for now. There may not be enough popcorn in the world for this one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tezzie
Thanks. He's a pretty good guy. I used him for the OptiGuard test on the other car. He did a good job installing the coating but he kind of blew me off after I was not happy with the coating and asked him to quote me to polish it off and put something else on it. I think he is set up better for new car protection but not equipped as well for anything that has been driven a while and needs some decontamination prep.