Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Losing 3G Connection, While Parked, Once a Day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks,

I tried to search for other threads on this, but it will not allow me to search for "3G" (saying the search term is too short).

For the last couple months I've been losing my 3G connection pretty much every day while parked at work, or in my home garage. In other words, every day I leave work I no longer have a 3G connection, and it will never come back unless I reboot. Only rebooting the center display fixes this, and having to reboot every single day is becoming a drag.

Does anyone have a similar experience or any advice?

Thanks.

I have the same happening to me for the past 3 weeks. I just posted it a couple days ago.

I need to reset screen every day for 3G cellular to work.

I have an October 2014 P85 classic.

At my house I do not get any cellular signal but I use WiFi. When I leave the house 3G never comes up even though I go by a tower where I normally get full bars. I could drive all day and it would never function until I reset. At work I get about 3 bars and it stays connected fine all day. But when I get home and leave again I always have to reset the screen like you do.
It seems like if 3G goes to zero that it latches up and requires a reset. I have had this problem intermittently over the year and a half of owning the car, but when I did the reset back then it normally would last for months without having to do a reset.

Yes it is getting to be a major annoyance.

I just got a notification of a firmware update recently. I will update it and see if it helps before I get with Tesla service.

I'm thinking that maybe I should get the LTE upgrade if they decide to replace the 3G module.