Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Losing Miles While Parked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the cabin overheat protection serves a few purposes. It can help make the interior last longer if the fabrics and leathers and plastics aren’t exposed to excessive heat as often. It can help preserve electronics and other things that are left in the car and protect them from excessive heat. It can also help cool the car down faster when you are ready to return to the car and start driving.

I have never heard of a case where interior of a quality car without manufacturing error would not withstand normal operating/parking temperatures. As for adjusting the car climate suitable for the time I return, I'd rather use remote for jit.

I have never heard of a case where interior of a quality car without manufacturing error would not withstand normal operating/parking temperatures. As for adjusting the car climate suitable for the time I return, I'd rather use remote for jit.

I think the interior of the car can stand the higher temperatures and I would certainly expect it to. However, I think it’s also fair to say that it will last longer if it doesn’t have to withstand extreme temperatures. I’m not saying that you should expect your interior to fall apart in two years if you don’t turn on the overheat protection, but maybe the interior will look nicer in 10 years than it would have without it turned on.

My main point, though, was that you should definitely not rely on the overheat protection option to keep the cabin at a safe temperature for pets (or kids).