TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Loss of connectivity Today

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by shonline, Aug 15, 2016.

1. shonline

shonline Member

Was on way to pick up kids, all was normal. Halfway there, maps would not load, internet radio stopped. There were no bars at the time.

While waiting for the kids, I had cell reception again, (2-3 bars LTE) but no data loaded. I rebooted the main screen, no fix.

One way home, cell reception ramped up to full bars LTE, but still, nothing loaded, no maps, no internet radio, no web browser.

Got home, it reconnected to wifi and everything loaded again.

We use ATT for our cell phones, and they were working perfectly the whole time.

Thoughts?

2. Ingineer

Ingineer Electrical Engineer

Yes, the entire AT&T network around the country seems down. I can't reach any of the cars I support in North America, but Europe/Asia is working fine.

• Informative x 1
  3. EVgeek

EVgeek Member

+1

4. csshih

csshih whirrrr

I could not access maps or use any internet radio services on my commute this morning.

5. shonline

shonline Member

Not the whole network I don't think. We have 4 ATT iPhones and two ATT iPads here and they are 100% ok and online.

Maybe Elon forgot to pay the bill?

• Funny x 1
  6. Hookemhorns

Hookemhorns Member

I have same problem. After rebooting, etc. I called Tesla support. They were busy, I opted for callback, and they called me 1 hr 45 min later. Long time!

He said it's a Tesla problem, system wide, and they are working on it now. Lots of calls (of course) that's why they are so slow to call back.

My AT&T cell phone works, so I guess it's not AT&Ts problem (at least a system problem for them), but maybe something with the Tesla account? Hmmmm.

• Informative x 2
  7. thinklabinc

thinklabinc Member

Interesting, same here. Good lesson for a proactive alerting process - but wait no network!

8. James Anders

James Anders Member

Unable to connect to car via iPhone app. Says Waking Car even though it is Always Connected

9. David29

David29 Member

Yep, same here in MA just a while ago. Glad to know that Tesla acknowledges it and is on the case....

10. Hookemhorns

Hookemhorns Member

Actually, that was my first symptom. Now that I know it's not my problem, but Tesla's, time to just sit back and wait. Car is driving just fine.

11. Newscutter

Newscutter Member

Ditto in Pittsburgh. Maps were spotty Sunday morning (yesterday) but returned to normal by afternoon-- these were in areas where I've never had issues with coverage before.

This morning they were hit and miss... then nothing.

12. jkliu47

jkliu47 Member

on road trip to santa fe. google maps not working in car. but the supercharger network still shows. so i can plan my recharges. but have to use waze for local navigation to my destinations.

13. Hookemhorns

Hookemhorns Member

If you use your smart phone as a hotspot, and connect your Tesla, then it will act normally. A good fix for the current problem.

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
  14. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

15. xlpro

xlpro Member

Same here in Texas! It's been this way all day! I hot spotted my iPhone and connected and all is well now.

16. jelloslug

jelloslug Member

I can't connect to my car with the app as of this afternoon. Fortunately it's having paint protection film being applied so hopefully it will be fixed by tomorrow.

17. turbospecc

turbospecc Member

Same story as everyone else - app couldn't connect starting this afternoon, then tried every manner of rebooting with no luck. Was hoping my 1-week-old S didn't have some weird bug that required 240 miles of towing!

18. ModelX

ModelX Member

Mine started yesterday evening, stopped by delivery center they asked if I had done a roboot and I said of course. They suggested rebooting the screen twice and now working fine.

19. thinklabinc

thinklabinc Member

20. thinklabinc

thinklabinc Member

outage.jpg

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1