Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loss of contacts with an iPhone X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone run into this issue? All of a sudden I can't initiate any call from the car via the talk button even though I can begin the call from the phone itself. In the latter case the audio is successfully routed through the car's audio as is any other bluetooth audio source from the phone.

However when I ask to 'call home', I either get 'contact not found' or it shows 'calling home' but nothing happens. I've tried rebooting the screen, the phone, unpairing & repairing. Nothing works. When I go into the 'phone' section on the car's screen, it shows only the phone, but no contacts. This is an iPhone X.

Has anyone run into this issue? All of a sudden I can't initiate any call from the car via the talk button even though I can begin the call from the phone itself. In the latter case the audio is successfully routed through the car's audio as is any other bluetooth audio source from the phone.

However when I ask to 'call home', I either get 'contact not found' or it shows 'calling home' but nothing happens. I've tried rebooting the screen, the phone, unpairing & repairing. Nothing works. When I go into the 'phone' section on the car's screen, it shows only the phone, but no contacts. This is an iPhone X.

Try too return the iPhone X and buy an Android? That will fix the issue..

• Funny
Reactions: cwerdna and Ande
I’ve had connectivity issues with my phone for the whole 15 months I’ve owned the car. My SVC has told me that it’s a known issue with Apples. I have a samsung and am having parts of calls fall out where the other party can’t hear me or I can’t hear them even though I have plenty of 4glte service.

I have seen so many people have same issue with Iphone X to connect Tesla.