TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Loss of contacts with an iPhone X

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Ken7, Jan 31, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Ken7

Ken7 Member

Has anyone run into this issue? All of a sudden I can't initiate any call from the car via the talk button even though I can begin the call from the phone itself. In the latter case the audio is successfully routed through the car's audio as is any other bluetooth audio source from the phone.

However when I ask to 'call home', I either get 'contact not found' or it shows 'calling home' but nothing happens. I've tried rebooting the screen, the phone, unpairing & repairing. Nothing works. When I go into the 'phone' section on the car's screen, it shows only the phone, but no contacts. This is an iPhone X.

2. DejanPeric

DejanPeric Member

Try too return the iPhone X and buy an Android? That will fix the issue..

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  3. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

No issues here with my iPhone X and my Model S. I did have to go into the bluetooth options for the Model S connection on my phone to enable contact sync as apparently that's not on by default for security reasons now per Apple.

Jeff

4. aollivierre

aollivierre Member

Soft reboot

• Helpful x 1
  5. Hornedfrog1

Hornedfrog1 Member

I’ve had connectivity issues with my phone for the whole 15 months I’ve owned the car. My SVC has told me that it’s a known issue with Apples. I have a samsung and am having parts of calls fall out where the other party can’t hear me or I can’t hear them even though I have plenty of 4glte service.

6. aollivierre

aollivierre Member

This is not going to change until Tesla gets serious about upgrading their cell phone focus on our cars. I wish they were light years ahead of the others, but we are not.....at least not yet.

7. Elice

Elice Banned

I have seen so many people have same issue with Iphone X to connect Tesla.

8. elderforester

elderforester Member

I test drove a MS at the Woodland Hills CA location last week and it paired and worked flawlessly with my iPhone X. Perhaps a delete/re-pairing will solve the issue.

9. elderforester

elderforester Member

PS: Verizon user

10. Ken7

Ken7 Member

So soft reboots on both displays, plus an unpairing and re-pairing, finally worked. Peace between the iPhone X and the Tesla has been restored.

• Like x 2