Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loss of mileage flying out of midway, any suggestions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am experienced tesla owner since 2016 w model S, free unlimited charging but only 220 range these days, no sentry etc

We live in Indy but flying out of Chicago, 4.5 days parking due to ticket 1/3 the cost, but on way back on red eye I have to be at work in Indy, so i think we are going to take the Y, so no time to charge on return, per prev posts it looks like sentry drains 7% daily, so i think I will turn of sentry, and it looks like daily losses about 1-2% without sentry. We have 330 range will top off to 300 in Chicago land and and will prob get to parking lot with 280 ish mileage

cabin protection will be off

any other suggestions, because we get back and I have 210 miles drive would be nice to get back without having to charge

if anyone chicagoland area do any of the midway parking lots have the expensive parking on airport seems to have some, fastpark did but is now out of biz

My suggestion would be "Why are you trying to do all of these things to make the Chicago to Indianapolis drive non-stop, when you will be passing through the Superchargers in Fair Oaks and Lafayette anyway? Take a 10 minute top-up at either of those."
I just start in the office as doc at 8 am, and I have delayed to 930, I get off plane 5:05 in Chicago, they pay me to be there so I want to delay as little as possible

Same experience the last time we parked at the airport... Turned Sentry off, cabin overheat protection off, and didn't wake the car by checking the app. Only lost about 2% from 9/17 to 9/26 (2021).

1664452800768.png