Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loss of Rear Speakers and Subwoofer?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all! I have a 2019 M3, just updated to software 2021.24.11, which until today has not given me any issues beyond a few flat tires. However, as I was leaving work today I heard an annoying clicking sound from my backseat, and realized my sound system seemed to only be operating from the front speakers. After some tinkering, I realized that it seems as though my rear speakers and subwoofer are just gone, and the music will only play from the front speakers. Furthermore, any sound the car makes (blinker, parking sensors, etc.) now produce the clicking sound, and the microphone seems to not be working either, since everyone I’ve spoken to on the phone says I keep dropping out. I have tried the “soft reboot”, as well as powering down, and neither have seemed to offer an improvement. I’m very frustrated, and to make matters worse, there are no service appointments for two + weeks out here. Could it possibly be the software update? Any other advice?

I have the same problem. I read in another thread that a guy had to have his firmware updated at the Tesla SC. I just sold my car and it sucks that this happened. I setup a Tesla service appointment and the soonest I could get was the first week of October. I'm hoping that Tesla will call me and we'll get it resolved that way. As with the original post, if anyone knows of a way to get things to work, please reply to the post. Your assistance would be most appreciated.

2021 Model 3, having this same issue. I scheduled on the app and they pushed my date back and rescheduled me a later date to "order and have an amplifier based on symptoms" at the time of my mobile visit.

Today my bass, subwoofer and rear speakers have all gone south as well. There is a popping sound in the rear speakers and the sound comes and goes on them randomly and the entire "premium" audio system sounds like a small handheld radio.
My car is merely 4 months old. I'll let it sleep for a while then, if the problem persist, I will book a service apointment.

Me again ... I managed to fix it (at least for now). I read on various forums that some tesla owners are getting their sound back after a deep sleep of the car. In deep sleep all these systems get disconnected so I thought maybe just unplugging the amplifier and plugging it back might address the issue ... and guess what? It did :)

Just reach out to the subwoofer, unplug those wires from the main amplifier and plug them back in (watch out for the safety thingy that needs to be pressed in order to easily unplug the couplings).

IMG_2486.jpegIMG_2488.jpeg

OK Folks, I want to Thank You all for your contributions. I am canceling my mobile service appt on "Christine" my 2019 Model 3 because this fix worked for me (so far). The Pics were of great help, disconnected all 3 cables carefully (never pull on the wires) waited 10 minutes or so then plugged back in. Then ran Def Lepard, Van Halen even some "Jam on it" by Newcleus with no issues. Saved me some $$$.
Again, Thx
Arnie

Me again ... I managed to fix it (at least for now). I read on various forums that some tesla owners are getting their sound back after a deep sleep of the car. In deep sleep all these systems get disconnected so I thought maybe just unplugging the amplifier and plugging it back might address the issue ... and guess what? It did :)

Just reach out to the subwoofer, unplug those wires from the main amplifier and plug them back in (watch out for the safety thingy that needs to be pressed in order to easily unplug the couplings).

View attachment 721515View attachment 721516
I'm going to try this before scheduling my appointment

Reactions: ro_explorer

Had the issue that the bass and test speakers cut off in the middle off songs and game back on after a few seconds. Tried this and it worked😃 been waiting for a service for this for 5 weeks, and it got pushed Even further, so glad i got to fix it.

Had a similar problem where the bass/rear speakers would cut off in the middle of a song. Tried this and it was fixed instantly, thanks😁

• Informative
Reactions: ro_explorer

This worked PERFECTLY! I owe you a beer

@ro_explorer , @Dennistm3.19, @GSFLOU How long do you let the car sleep? Also do you need to power down anything or just plug and replug?