Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loss of Streaming & Internet after Software Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tstachler

2018 Model S 100D 2.5
Apr 3, 2018
Ann Arbor, MI
For the past year after every update, my LTE connection goes down for several days. Does anyone else experience this issue and is there a work around to reset it (other than the hard reboot the dealer mentions which doesn't work). I have tried pushing both buttons on the steering wheel for the software reboot without satisfactory results.

Makes me dread allowing updates as I lose my streaming music, voice command for navigation, app connectivity when away from WiFI etc

Does it just come back after a few days? I just lost LTE service on our 2018 S 100D today. This doesn’t seem to be related to a software update and I’ve had no problems after a number of previous software updates. Reboot doesn’t help. On version 2018.48.12.1. Any ideas?

Mine is always after a software update. My cellular/LTE connection does comes back up after two or three days though. Doing the steering wheel two button reboot doesnt seem to help. I hit the command button for voice commands from time to time hoping the query will poke the computer and maybe reauthorized the cellular connection needed for commands, remote app access and music streaming. No one seems to have an answer to the BUG including the Tesla Dealership. Nice of the factory would look into it.