TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Loss of Use Claim

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by flybob08, Sep 28, 2014.

1. flybob08

flybob08 Member

My car was rear ended a while back and the insurance company is offering $26/day for the loss of use claim. What are others seeing from carriers for the loss of use claim?

Thanks

2. freds

freds Member

Are you sure that's not what they want you to spend on a very cheap rental car?

3. flybob08

flybob08 Member

Didn't have a rental car - that is apparently their rate with Enterprise

4. anthony

anthony Member

Just got mine back, they're an insurance company who will fight you tooth and nail. If you went through your own company, they may say something differet, but if you had asked here first, I would have told you not to go through your own company.

The paying insurance company is required (in my state) to provide an equivalent rental vehicle, that number is bs that they try to get away with. I got "our policy is to pay $26 per day", and my response was, thats great, I don't have a policy with you.

I had an Infiniti G37 for 66 day after I was read ended, they paid the whole thing, all I had to do is ask. It was with enterprise, just make sure you get it in writing or you will have to fight for reimbursement later.