Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

% loss when sleeping. Sentry consumption over 24hrs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

davidmc

May 20, 2019
Leicester
Well my car has been sleeping for nearly a week (since last Tuesday) at the body shop in Brum and i have not touched the app as it needs to conserve battery. It has been there for 2 weeks, but the first few days i accidentally left on Sentry mode :/

They were working on the Car last Tuesday for 4 hrs in the morning then that was it. They have not plugged it in.

Here it is at the moment :

Sleep.JPG

Guess the loss when it awakes. (28% shown, 27% for cold battery) - It maybe a bit grumpy when it wakes up from the operation!

Battery State.JPG

Not sure when they will finish the works, i was told i should have it back Friday (Hopefully fully charged!)

Here is sentry mode consumption over 24hrs. I forgot to turn it off when i dropped it off :/ so was consuming electrons rather fast! It dropped to 31% by the time i had realised plus 1-2% while they worked on the car and had the doors open.

SentryMode.JPG

Im not going to wake it up, ill let the workshop do that. Will be interesting to see the loss in its sleep state.

Firmware its on is - 2020.16.2.1

• Informative
Reactions: Roy W.
I'm in two minds as to whether I'll activate Sentry. We only have on-street parking. On that basis I'd assumed I'd leave it on, but to be losing around 50% range a week for the privilege seems a lot.
Im in the same situation, on street parking. What i have done is set up a schedule in TeslaFi (pm for referral!) to turn Sentry on at 9pm and off at 4am so only to use 7hrs of battery (or 7 miles loss in SR+).

I have an SR+ and park on the street (it's too low/long to get down my drive, it beaches itself at the top) and I have to turn sentry mode off. Not strictly because of the power consumption (which is excessive on the SR+) but it's due to the lights flashing all night long. It literally lights the street up and flashes oncoming cars, which can't be very safe.

I have an SR+ and park on the street (it's too low/long to get down my drive, it beaches itself at the top) and I have to turn sentry mode off. Not strictly because of the power consumption (which is excessive on the SR+) but it's due to the lights flashing all night long. It literally lights the street up and flashes oncoming cars, which can't be very safe.
I know what you mean. My car had an episode of hundreds of sentry activations a night late last year. The street became a disco at night! Or the local dog walker use to dance in front of my car to trigger it (Not sure why he did that? )

Elon has mentioned/confirmed? that they will soon impliment a stealth sentry mode (so lights dont flash) but not sure when

Been monitoring my car on Teslafi.

It has been asleep for 12 days now and picking it up on Monday (yippee).

It's now at 22% so lost 6% in 12 days. Sentry mode off, Climate AC on but has been inside I believe at a constant 20-21 degrees.

Looks like the body shop just realised they needed to plug it in! My app just told me charging interrupted