Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost 2 Aero Covers After Hitting Large Pothole...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was late at night after a flooding rain......and I didn't see the pothole. I lost 2 aero covers on one side (front and rear). I was surprised that happened. Only a slight bend in the lip of the rear wheel but otherwise all ok. Other cars had flat tires from hitting it..... Just a heads up if you hit a bad pothole its possible they will come off.....

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna and hlin07
Was late at night after a flooding rain......and I didn't see the pothole. I lost 2 aero covers on one side (front and rear). I was surprised that happened. Only a slight bend in the lip of the rear wheel but otherwise all ok. Other cars had flat tires from hitting it..... Just a heads up if you hit a bad pothole its possible they will come off.....

Yeah, i assume that will happen in any car that has wheel covers that just pop on!

Yikes. Hope you’re able to find replacements for pretty cheap. Last I checked there were craploads of them on eBay.

I totaled my model 3 and still have my aero covers... was planning to sell them if you're interested, seeing as I have no need for them anymore =*( Only thing is I am selling all 4 as a set. Shoot me an email if you're interested! [email protected]

You are highly likely to have bent your rims. Bent rims cause whole car vibrations and will slowly degrade the car, pretty much every connection, rivets, wires,etc. I would have the rims professionally examined.

You are highly likely to have bent your rims. Bent rims cause whole car vibrations and will slowly degrade the car, pretty much every connection, rivets, wires,etc. I would have the rims professionally examined.
Agree with this. If it popped the wheel cover off, the wheel is likely trashed. Which is impressive considering the amount of sidewall.

The wheels should be put on a balancer and looked at for a bend.