Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost 30 miles per charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 16K miles on my car since 4/22. When I charged to 80% miles charge showed range of 276 miles (330 range x 80% = 276). A few updates ago range changed to 246 per 80% charge and has been consistent. Service center suggested I run battery down to 10% and charge to 100% twice to recalibrate the battery. If this does not work they would test the battery. Planning to keep this car foe a while, any ideas here ?
Thanks

Welcome new member! What you're experiencing is totally normal.

Rather than wait for responses here, why not do an "advanced" search, Model Y battery degradation? There are several dozen threads on this subject already.

I have 16K miles on my car since 4/22. When I charged to 80% miles charge showed range of 276 miles (330 range x 80% = 276). A few updates ago range changed to 246 per 80% charge and has been consistent. Service center suggested I run battery down to 10% and charge to 100% twice to recalibrate the battery. If this does not work they would test the battery. Planning to keep this car foe a while, any ideas here ?
Thanks

What I said in this other thread yesterday is applicable to you as well, since its the same exact question:

Reactions: Pianewman