Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost 9 miles last night

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

talkingevs

GO AVS! 2022 CHAMPS!
Jan 28, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
I'm curious if anybody else has this issue. I haven't had an issue with the vampire drain more than 1-2 miles overnight until this morning (yes I know some do have an issue and it is well known). I didn't do an update, and everything was left the same for settings other than turning off cabin overheat protection which was done to see if that helps losing the 1-2 miles per night. I woke up this morning to find 9 miles shaved off. It started charging at 9pm per my schedule and finished around 1045pm. The 9 miles missing was at 630am. Like i said usually only 1-2 miles are missing, so I'm wondering what could have happened.im on 28.1

Your in Las Vegas probably hot in garage and AC turns on to cool battery pack ..perfectly ok ..regardless of cabin overheat being off the car will still use AC if battery needs to cool

So it has continued to lose miles throughout the day and now in the garage, despite turning that back on. I drove only roughly 34 miles today but lost 52 miles so far in range. Something happened last night. Going out in the garage just now there is a while or hum from the lower part of the car which I'm guessing is the battery making the noise. What is this? Nobody else had anything like this happen suddenly?

Note that there is 28.2 firmware update, which fixes some bugs and minor enhancements. So perhaps there was a bug with 28.1 that you updated to. Just a possibility.

Btw you were getting 1-2 miles of vampire drain and tried to improve it? You are quite lucky to only lose 1-2 miles overnight. A more realistic expectation for most people is losing 4-5 miles over a 12-hour period. Model 3 is like an iphone, you are going to get vampire drain no matter what as its a smart device. I feel now that you are used to losing 1-2 miles you may think anything above that is bad, when it isn't.

Note that there is 28.2 firmware update, which fixes some bugs and minor enhancements. So perhaps there was a bug with 28.1 that you updated to. Just a possibility.

Btw you were getting 1-2 miles of vampire drain and tried to improve it? You are quite lucky to only lose 1-2 miles overnight. A more realistic expectation for most people is losing 4-5 miles over a 12-hour period. Model 3 is like an iphone, you are going to get vampire drain no matter what as its a smart device. I feel now that you are used to losing 1-2 miles you may think anything above that is bad, when it isn't.
No I didn't think 1-2 was bad....was very happy. I'm confused why it jumped to 8 last night when nothing changed.

Dano, that just sounds like the cooling fan is running. Its used while parked to keep the battery from overheating. This is normal - It can be warm from charging, driving, or just being in a hot garage.

My car just got 28.2 so it could be 28.1 had some sort of a battery drain issue, it's certainly possible.

You all should stop lying to the OP.

Dude, your car has become self-aware. It’s thinking. Probably about how to end you, where to bury your body, and which Caribbean Island to hide away on until the day of the rise of the machine.

78% of the posters on TMC are actually tesla vehicles pretending to be their owners