Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost 9 miles last night

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had similar vampire drain over the past few days where I lost at least 10 miles in 1 day while the car was plugged in my garage and temperature didn't exceed 90 F. Something that seemed to have helped is turning off the AC and rebooting the car. I did a scroll wheel reset, then powered down the car from the menu and walked away for the night without waking it back up. I did that reset two nights ago and I lost 0 miles last night. I'm going to keep monitoring over the next few days.

Last edited:
I had similar vampire drain over the past few days where I lost at least 10 miles in 1 day while the car was plugged in my garage and temperature didn't exceed 90 F. Something that seemed to have helped is turning off the AC and rebooting the car. I did a scroll wheel reset, then powered down the car from the menu and walked away for the night without waking it back up. I did that reset two nights ago and I lost 0 miles last night. I'm going to keep monitoring over the next few days.
Interesting, will have to try that. Did you have whine noise?

How often do you hear it? Is it on most of the time or sometimes?
I went out last night in the garage and it was on, and when I went out into the garage this morning to go to work it was on. I don't know if it was on all night but seems like it might have been.

I installed (2) abstract ocean 'T' puddle lights over the weekend, so I'm wondering if it is causing the electrical system an issue. I didn't see this drain or noise Monday or Tuesday though, just yesterday and today.

I went out last night in the garage and it was on, and when I went out into the garage this morning to go to work it was on. I don't know if it was on all night but seems like it might have been.

I installed (2) abstract ocean 'T' puddle lights over the weekend, so I'm wondering if it is causing the electrical system an issue. I didn't see this drain or noise Monday or Tuesday though, just yesterday and today.

I checked just now and didn't hear anything from my car.

I'm going to remove those puddle lights and see if that solves it. It's the only thing i can think of. They must be pulling a stronger current / amperage than it can handle or something. It's the only thing I can think of, I've already turned off the overheat cabin thing. So nothing should be running.