Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost access to FSD Beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is my first time sending a message in this type of forum, so I hope it gets pushed to some smart people that can answer a question or two about FSD Beta access.
First off, I will say this is clearly my fault. The FSD beta gave me (I believe) 5 chances before it temporarily removed me from the FSD Beta. I can state 1000 reasons on how, I'm a safe driver, but the truth is I neglected to vigilantly pay attention to the road while having the FSD beta engaged.
My main question is how long do I have to wait. I have been removed for over a month and it feels more close to 2 months. I received the message saying that I will get access again once I get another software update, but I haven't seen one in about 3 months (Since I received the Beta). I have a M3 SR+ (2019) and currently on FSD Beta 10.11.2 version (2022.4.5.21 a912b0d64483).
Just curious if I'm being impatient or if I'm falling behind in OAU's. I feel like I have served my penance and want to help the Tesla team solve this FSD monster.
I was truly in a bad place (work related) for a few weeks while driving the White Dragon back and forth to work (60 mile commute) and phone calls and texts got the better of me. I know! Don't text and drive, but I'm fairly certain we all do it to a degree and even have a bit more confidence doing it while on the old FSD. Lesson learned though. I understand to only put it on FSD Beta when I am 100% focused and vigilant on the road.
Maybe I'm just bitching, but can anyone tell me when the next update is coming out? I miss my FSD Beta and only had it for about 2 months.

I am sorry this happened to you. Paying so much money for a software feature that is advertised as so superior, yet it is not yet ready (and hasn't been ever) for general release, you can't even participate in the beta program. What a scam. Imagine any other software company doing this.
Did you even Read his post? Nothing about money or FSD ability in fact he said enjoyed it. He admitted he was constantly on the phone which is against the rules regarding paying attention. The scam is not Reading the story and pitching a boo hoo not fair post of no value.

This is my first time sending a message in this type of forum, so I hope it gets pushed to some smart people that can answer a question or two about FSD Beta access.
First off, I will say this is clearly my fault. The FSD beta gave me (I believe) 5 chances before it temporarily removed me from the FSD Beta. I can state 1000 reasons on how, I'm a safe driver, but the truth is I neglected to vigilantly pay attention to the road while having the FSD beta engaged.
My main question is how long do I have to wait. I have been removed for over a month and it feels more close to 2 months. I received the message saying that I will get access again once I get another software update, but I haven't seen one in about 3 months (Since I received the Beta). I have a M3 SR+ (2019) and currently on FSD Beta 10.11.2 version (2022.4.5.21 a912b0d64483).
Just curious if I'm being impatient or if I'm falling behind in OAU's. I feel like I have served my penance and want to help the Tesla team solve this FSD monster.
I was truly in a bad place (work related) for a few weeks while driving the White Dragon back and forth to work (60 mile commute) and phone calls and texts got the better of me. I know! Don't text and drive, but I'm fairly certain we all do it to a degree and even have a bit more confidence doing it while on the old FSD. Lesson learned though. I understand to only put it on FSD Beta when I am 100% focused and vigilant on the road.
Maybe I'm just bitching, but can anyone tell me when the next update is coming out? I miss my FSD Beta and only had it for about 2 months.
No one has been added to the beta since December. You will probably get in whenever they finally start adding new people again. According to Elon that should happen next week.

Reactions: K5TRX
I am sorry this happened to you. Paying so much money for a software feature that is advertised as so superior, yet it is not yet ready (and hasn't been ever) for general release, you can't even participate in the beta program. What a scam. Imagine any other software company doing this.
This is not a scam and I am fully aware of what I paid for. I lost access due to my own negligence.

Reactions: K5TRX and Yelobird

the worst of the internet embodied in posts like this. 100% venom, 0% helpfulness.

The last time people were freed from FSD-beta jail was version 10.8. They reset everyone's strikeout counter to zero, which means people who weren't yet in jail also had their records wiped clean. This is the only precedent, so I can only assume that the only way to get access to the beta again is to wait for a new firmware version that's slated to clean everyone's slates again. For 10.8, people caught wind of this thru the grapevine (not thru official communication i.e. Musk tweets) days before the release.

If you were enjoying testing FSD beta, I would NOT opt out and opt in later. To me, the unknown of Tesla letting in more testers is a bigger risk than waiting for the next version that wipes the slate clean.

Reactions: K5TRX
The last time people were freed from FSD-beta jail was version 10.8. They reset everyone's strikeout counter to zero, which means people who weren't yet in jail also had their records wiped clean. This is the only precedent, so I can only assume that the only way to get access to the beta again is to wait for a new firmware version that's slated to clean everyone's slates again. For 10.8, people caught wind of this thru the grapevine (not thru official communication i.e. Musk tweets) days before the release.

If you were enjoying testing FSD beta, I would NOT opt out and opt in later. To me, the unknown of Tesla letting in more testers is a bigger risk than waiting for the next version that wipes the slate clean.
The reset back in 10.8 seemed to be related to Tesla knowing the strike outs were too sensitive, and buggy. That precedence doesn't apply here so I don't think its realistic to wait for a new version to reset the strikeout.

There also doesn't seem to be much demand by people tweeting Elon for a reset, and there is a backlog of people wanting to get into the beta who haven't had a chance to use it. I think its more fair to let them in than to let booted people back in.

I don't say this without being conflicted

The OP clearly enjoyed the FSD beta, and extensively used it.
The OP owned up to their mistake

I also believe a lot of FSD Beta testers are like myself where they don't use it much, and they don't particularly enjoy it. It seems a bit silly to have so many FSD Beta testers who are of little value in the program. The only reason I don't opt out is the unknown of Tesla letting in more testers. If I opt out then it could be awhile before I could get back in. So its easier to leave the FSD beta setting off, and then the turn it on with every release to see if its useful for me.

If they booted people like me they might have room in the beta program. :)

Reactions: nvx1977
The reset back in 10.8 seemed to be related to Tesla knowing the strike outs were too sensitive, and buggy. That precedence doesn't apply here so I don't think its realistic to wait for a new version to reset the strikeout.

There also doesn't seem to be much demand by people tweeting Elon for a reset, and there is a backlog of people wanting to get into the beta who haven't had a chance to use it. I think its more fair to let them in than to let booted people back in.

I don't say this without being conflicted

The OP clearly enjoyed the FSD beta, and extensively used it.
The OP owned up to their mistake

I also believe a lot of FSD Beta testers are like myself where they don't use it much, and they don't particularly enjoy it. It seems a bit silly to have so many FSD Beta testers who are of little value in the program. The only reason I don't opt out is the unknown of Tesla letting in more testers. If I opt out then it could be awhile before I could get back in. So its easier to leave the FSD beta setting off, and then the turn it on with every release to see if its useful for me.

If they booted people like me they might have room in the beta program. :)

Limiting the number of people with FSD beta is probably more a liability consideration (chances of someone doing something stupid goes up with more ppl enrolled). But people who have it but rarely use it don't increase that liability. So I think that even for people who hate using FSD-beta, keeping it for the visualizations is worthwhile, and not using it isn't hurting the overall testing program. That's probably why Tesla hasn't booted anyone for inactivity.

Also, the prospect of having to maintain a high safety score for an indefinite time would be.... unpleasant.

Reactions: S4WRXTTCS
A Factory Reset

It removes your score just like when you bought it. You have to drive at least 100 miles to create some data before you get a score. You will have to reset all your preferences map favorites, radio stations and all the rest. It is the same as what you would do when you sell your machine to somebody else. So it makes sense now your preferences would have to reset for the new owner. Please get back to me with success or not.

A Factory Reset will clear your safe driving score.

It removes your score just like when you bought it. You have to drive at least 100 miles to create some data before you get a score. You will have to reset all your preferences map favorites, radio stations and all the rest. It is the same as what you would do when you sell your machine to somebody else. So it makes sense now your preferences would have to reset for the new owner. Please get back to me with success or not.

A Factory Reset will clear your safe driving score.

It removes your score just like when you bought it. You have to drive at least 100 miles and create 30 days of data to before you get a score. You will have to reset all your preferences map favorites, radio stations and all the rest. It is the same as what you would do when you sell your machine to somebody else. So it makes sense now your preferences would have to reset for the new owner. Please get back to me with success or not.

Controls

Service

Factory Reset