Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost access to my Safety Score 2 days after getting FSD Beta 10.2 (2021.32.25)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I was lucky enough to qualify for the download of FSD beta on Monday. Got my first chance to drive on Tuesday, a 85 mile round trip including rural roads, Interstate highway, and some small town roads. During that time, I was still able to see my Safety score and see how it changed, or not, as some of the drive I did with FSD and some I drove myself. I was able to see the score improve some more (.3 to .2 hard braking, .7 to .6 hard cornering), and noticed that some of the things that FSD did that might of dinged me had I been driving, didn't affect the score at all. I also still could see my safety score on Wednesday, but Thursday, the Safety Score section of the app disappeared.
Now it really isn't a huge deal, but I am going on a trip into the mountains next Friday and plan to drive it like it should be driven in a Tesla, and I am interested to see just how bad my score gets. Has anyone else with the FSD beta also lost access to their safety score? Just curious.

Many have reported that Safety Score disappeared after they got their FSD beta which makes sense because the purpose for it was to get the firmware. Once you passed and got your firmware, there's no need for it.
I see that now. I was only focused on the Model S forum section. Myopic on my part. The only thing that I thought is that since they reserve the right to yank FSD beta away for unsafe driving, that it might still be useful. But I suppose that Tesla is really now only concerned about monitoring my attentiveness while using the beta, not my overall safe driving practices.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
I see that now. I was only focused on the Model S forum section. Myopic on my part. The only thing that I thought is that since they reserve the right to yank FSD beta away for unsafe driving, that it might still be useful. But I suppose that Tesla is really now only concerned about monitoring my attentiveness while using the beta, not my overall safe driving practices.

It's just like a DMV that you must pass a test first, got your score, and go on your way.

However, being done with the test does not get you off the hook because the police will take over the monitoring of your driving and may ticket you and you might lose your license not because of the DMV test but because of the police.

Similarly, although your Safety Score is gone, remember on your consent that the score collection of up to 30 days is only for that scoring, but what is more important is you continue to allow Tesla to obtain your telemetry until you opt-out of the program.

Tesla said it would remove the firmware from bad drivers but so far we have not actually heard anyone has been removed, so I wouldn't worry about that for an average driver (who doesn't drive drunk...)

Up until this release, Tesla had the advanced FSD in separate code in the 2021.36.x.x series. It appears Tesla has created a version of the existing 2021 44.25.6. code with FSD. Perhaps now there are two versions of this new code, one with the FSD, and one without. Perhaps the FSD will at some point merge with the regular code and only install / update FSD on authorized vehicles. Makes sense to have as few versions of code as possible. We will find out over time.

Last edited: