Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost all saved settings when rebooted

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This just happened to me today, I was trying to view my Sentry mode videos but the launcher is so messed up that it makes it a pain to view them. So I tried the two scroll wheel reset and when it booted back up all my personal settings were gone, the car's name gone, showed the car was at Tesla headquarters on the map and the app doesn't see the car. Oh and the odometer lost all my mileage. Not really sure what to do now. Can't call the nearest Tesla service center because they don't use phone contact anymore. Can't contact them via the app or make a mobile service appointment. Don't really want to drive the 2 hours to the service center only to be told I need an appointment and then drive 2 hours back home. I'm beyond frustrated right now!!!!

Hi @Resist ,

This happened to me a few weeks ago in my March 2018 MCU2 Model X.
I entered my settings and rebooted until it was "stable".
When I was finished, I still needed to reload the map files.

Enter a service request - software - reboot reset to factory and need map files updated.

They were able to reset the car and force the download of the map files...

All is good now.

Shawn

Okay, so I was finally able to manually enter most of my personal settings back into my car. Set up the app so my iPhone is the keycard, all over again. Had to put my passwords back in for Netflix and Youtube. Still don't have the right GPS location, shows me at Tesla HQ and even though the info about my car in the settings shows I have FSD, those settings are greyed out and I can't turn them on. Made a mobile service appointment but nothing was open until two weeks from now...what the heck Tesla, waiting two weeks is unacceptable! I absolutely hate that appointments are made only via app, I want to talk to a person!

Okay, so I was finally able to manually enter most of my personal settings back into my car. Set up the app so my iPhone is the keycard, all over again. Had to put my passwords back in for Netflix and Youtube. Still don't have the right GPS location, shows me at Tesla HQ and even though the info about my car in the settings shows I have FSD, those settings are greyed out and I can't turn them on. Made a mobile service appointment but nothing was open until two weeks from now...what the heck Tesla, waiting two weeks is unacceptable! I absolutely hate that appointments are made only via app, I want to talk to a person!
did yo utry to drive a little bit outside wher the car can get gps signal? that'll restore a bunch of stuff and will correct the location

• Helpful
Reactions: FlyF4
So today I took the car out for a drive, and the GPS had my correct location, but a lot of my recently entered settings had to be entered back in again, very odd. I was also to turn on NOA and all seems to be back to normal. Guess I can cancel my mobile service appointment now. This is still an unacceptable issue that Tesla should have addressed a long time ago.

Had a call from a Tesla Tech 2 weeks ago and forgot to mention it here sorry. He said all the event logs had been lost from my 'incident'. He told me that there was a recently discovered 'bug' in the GPU which handle the cameras and sensors. It affects all models and it was being investigated and crops up on some cars. Tesla didn't know what the cause was but were releasing a 'patch' in the next update to stop the software crashing. I asked him how many cars were affected and he said I can't tell you but suffice to say I've been calling owners all day and you're number 4. Nice guy and was very informative. I had an update on my X and not had the GPU glitch since (fingers crossed).

Had a call from a Tesla Tech 2 weeks ago and forgot to mention it here sorry. He said all the event logs had been lost from my 'incident'. He told me that there was a recently discovered 'bug' in the GPU which handle the cameras and sensors. It affects all models and it was being investigated and crops up on some cars. Tesla didn't know what the cause was but were releasing a 'patch' in the next update to stop the software crashing. I asked him how many cars were affected and he said I can't tell you but suffice to say I've been calling owners all day and you're number 4. Nice guy and was very informative. I had an update on my X and not had the GPU glitch since (fingers crossed).
No one from Tesla called me, nor did they say anything about the issue when I cancelled my appointment via the app.