Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost Autopilot on a one month old Performance Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've owned the car for about a month and love it. But somehow about a week ago, I seem to have lost Autopilot and Cruise Control. There was one software update and maybe it disappeared in that.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi there, I had the same issue and that's a confirmed bug. I have a text from Tesla Service:

Hello! Yes, I'm so sorry to hear that you have that issue. It has been confirmed that there is a firmware bug that is causing this issue, therefore a visit to the service center is not necessary. Tesla engineers are working on a resolution that will be released in a future firmware.

In the meantime, there is a workaround....disable sentry mode. This will allow the car to sleep and reset the module for autopilot. As long as sentry mode stays off, everything else should work just fine. This is the workaround until the fix is released.
For now I've disabled Sentry Mode and Autopilot and Cruise control are working once again. Hopefully they have a fix available soon.

For me deleting files off my flash drive seemed to fix it the first time I lost AP (drive was full). Today it happened again and I unplugged the flash drive while driving and the plugged it back in a few minutes later and AP was back.